A Quiz Question to Lighten the Mood.

Lowaicue

英語在香港
How long will it take someone to find the answer to this (no politics):

What is the connection between a satirical magazine launched in London in 1841, a summer drink and an area of North West India?

No prizes, just the satisfaction of getting it right.

The answer is '5'. Punjab = five rivers. Punch ( the drink) had 5 ingredients - now it's just 'some' I guess. And Punch the magazine was a mixture of satire and humour and other stuff.
Anyway, the response to this single question was so underwhelming that I will look elsewhere for my enjoyment. Grind will be happy with that.

The answer is '5'. Punjab = five rivers. Punch ( the drink) had 5 ingredients - now it's just 'some' I guess. And Punch the magazine was a mixture of satire and humour and other stuff.
Anyway, the response to this single question was so underwhelming that I will look elsewhere for my enjoyment. Grind will be happy with that.

Tenuous, and quite possibly apocryphal.

Originally, Punch was titled the London Charivari, after a French satirical paper.

Sadly, the long run of Punch came to an end after it was acquired by the Diana conspiracy propagator Mohamed Al Fayed.

Tenuous, and quite possibly apocryphal.

Originally, Punch was titled the London Charivari, after a French satirical paper.

Sadly, the long run of Punch came to an end after it was acquired by the Diana conspiracy propagator Mohamed Al Fayed.

The London Charivai still appeared on the opening pages of Punch up to both its demises, I think. However the title was taken from the mixture of ingedients in the summer drink and therefore there lies the connection. It must me said that the logo showed Mr. Punch (Punchinello) but I would guess that was convenient marketing. Punchinello was regarded as anarchic whereas anarchy is not a word immediately connected to the magazine.
Anyway, what the hell, no one else attempted the answer so I will shrug my shoulders and shuffle off to my bed.

Back