A Travesty of Justice. Part 2.

debatefix

Banned
This one involves all the crap officer Kim Potter went through for shooting and making duante wright a good negro. (Much like what tyre nichols was turned into) Apparently she mistook her gun for her taser and shot him with her gun instead. But here's the thing about that. She shouldn't have used a taser to begin with!

Consider this. What is the duty of the police. To protect and serve the public. Not criminals! Just like tyre nichols, duante wright decided to put up a fight rather than have handcuffs put on him. He broke free and jumped into his car. He was about to speed off. A taser sure as hell wasn't about to stop him. Even being shot, wright still managed to go about 100 yards. Now, what would have happened if he had been tasered instead. He would have still taken off. Then what would the cops have done. From the responses I got from my replies to my thread about tyre nichols, I am guessing that you probably think that the cops just should have let him go and tell on him to his mammy. But things don't work that way.

The cops could have shot at the fleeing car. But those flying bullets would have put other people in danger. That isn't protecting and serving the public. Failing to shoot at the fleeing car, no doubt a high speed chase would have ensued. That too would have been putting the public at risk. That isn't protecting and serving the public either. Out of either scenario, shooting him dead to begin with was the best course of action! But for even accidently protecting and serving the public by shooting wright, officer Kim Potter was given 16 months in prison. I will give a link to the video of the whole event. Like it or not, just as with tyre nichols, those being arrested don't get to decide whether or not they will be arrested.

Back