Acceptable reason to laugh at a funeral?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
A very prestigious cardiologist died, and was given a very elaborate funeral by the hospital he worked for most of his life.

A huge heart ... covered in flowers stood behind the coffin during the service as all the doctors from the hospital sat in awe.

Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the coffin rolled inside.

The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners just burst into laughter. When all eyes stared at him, he said,

'I'm so sorry... I was just thinking of my own funeral ... I'm a gynaecologist!' The priest fainted!

I guess when someone gets up and starts going through the person's sex life. Then everyone realizes that just about every woman present slept with him. :D

I always laugh at funerals. Why waste my time being sad? If the person who died wanted me to be sad, they're shitty so fuck them. And if they want me to be happy, well why deny them their last wish?

I would prefer if, from the moment I died, no one in my vault would crack a smile for the rest of their natural lives. That includes my niece, who should spend at least two or three joyless decades after I die until she does too.

Last edited:
All funerals should afford one the ability to laugh. Unfortunately, I'm getting good at eulogizing loved ones. I had the church rolling in laughter at the funeral of my 33 year old brother in law who chose to blow his own fucking head off.

He was a nut, but he was very funny. I saw no reason to stray from that theme during the eulogy.

Personally, I want everyone to party, and tell stories when I die.

All funerals should afford one the ability to laugh. Unfortunately, I'm getting good at eulogizing loved ones. I had the church rolling in laughter at the funeral of my 33 year old brother in law who chose to blow his own fucking head off.

He was a nut, but he was very funny. I saw no reason to stray from that theme during the eulogy.

Sorry for your loss, for what it's worth. I prefer everyone drink and be merry at mine.

Yes just thinking about his coffin going into a giant arsehole!!

I was thinking the same thing, when I read Billy's post.
But I had this image of the machine malfunctioning and the casket going forward, backward, forward, over and over.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Last edited:

I agree.
Don't mourn my passing; but instead celebrate the life I lived.

Sorry about the loss of your brother.

Sorry for your loss, for what it's worth. I prefer everyone drink and be merry at mine.

I agree.
Don't mourn my passing; but instead celebrate the life I lived.

Sorry about the loss of your brother.
Given that I will be cremated, I've decided to leave a chunk of money behind, that will offer my few friends the opportunity to have a killer party, and celebrate instead of mourning.

And, I'll have my ashes spread on one of my favorite ice fishing spots, so they can marvel at the beauty I've experienced.

Thanks for the thoughts

Back