Al Queda & Attacking the West

cawacko

I thought this was a really interesting and insightful article into what Al-Queda is doing (or planning to do) as far as future attacks and how the U.S. and allies are trying to stop it. There is no mention of Republicans or Democrats or George Bush in the interview so that may turn some of you off. While long its a pretty good read.

“We Are Going to Get Hit Again”
The head of the National Counterterrorism Center speaks out on Al Qaeda's plans, America’s readiness—and the nature of the war on terror.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20466414/site/newsweek/page/0/

For those who don't have the time to read it I thought the last question (of the interview) was most interesting...

Last thing: Are we winning or losing the war on terrorism?
This is a long war. People say, “What is this like?” I say it’s like the cold war in only two respects. Number one, there is a strong ideological content to it. Number two, it is going to be a long war. I’ll be dead before this one is over. We will probably lose a battle or two along the way. We have to prepare for that. Statistically, you can’t bat 1.000 forever, but we haven’t been hit for six years, [which is] no accident.

I will tell you this: We are better prepared today for the war on terror than at any time in our history. We have done an incredible amount of things since 9/11, across the board. Intelligence is better. They are sharing it better. We are taking the terrorists down. We are working with the allies very carefully. We are doing the strategic operational planning, going after every element in the terrorist life cycle. So we have come a long way. But these guys are smart. They are determined. They are patient. So over time we are going to lose a battle or two. We are going to get hit again, you know, but you’ve got to have the stick-to-itiveness or persistence to outlast it.

An incredibly dumb article that was designed for the very same people who screamed that Saddam had WMD, he was connected to 9/11, and "mushroom clouds in 45 minutes."

We are taking the terrorists down

Where is that evident? We haven't even caught "terrorist" number one, Bin Laden yet, in 6 years. Al Queda is as strong, if not stronger than they have ever been. The Taliban are even more widespread in Afghanistan and we that war has lasted longer than WWII even though it's a stone-age nation.

The notion that you can fight "terrorists" as if you're fighting a nation-state has proven to be just as mindlessly false as military planners knew it would be.

We are working with the allies very carefully.

Where is that evident?

Anti-americanism is at an all-time high and even tradition allies are distancing themselves from us.

Virtually everthing this idiot president and administration have done has been counter-productive to American security.

This article was designed for the 25% of the population who believe in cowboys.

Last edited:
Terrorism has been used since the beginning of time.

It is a METHOD. It is not an ENEMY, or a COUNTRY.

The lasting legacy of this admin will be a change in rhetoric...

If it happens K street in DC might be a good place. Would be the biggest govt corruption cleanup in history.

If it does happen before the election it might be a Shia led atc. Which party stands to gain if we get attacked before election day ?

Back