Alberto Gonzales Speaks

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
I'm sort of preaching to the choir here, seeing as how we've pretty much run out of Bush supporters. Still, I couldn't let this pass without some mention. George Bush's Attorney General is pushing the envelope of incredulity itself. This guy's amazing.
One of the Bush administration's most far-reaching assertions of government power was revealed quietly last week when Attorney General Alberto Gonzales testified that habeas corpus -- the right to go to federal court and challenge one's imprisonment -- is not protected by the Constitution.

"The Constitution doesn't say every individual in the United States or every citizen is hereby granted or assured the right of habeas,'' Gonzales told Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Jan. 17.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/24/MNGDONO11O1.DTL

Maybe you all talked about this last week when I wasn't looking, but this was news to me. Probably a good thing I didn't have any coffee with me on the train or I'd have made a real scene.

Olbermann had a feature on this earlier this week. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And this guy is the AG?

Yep, bush's handpicked AG :)

at one time thses kinds of comments by the AG would have caused riots. But we are to fat and lazy to care....

Back