All That Praying For Nothin!

Howey

Banned
Jets Release TeBOW

Tebow Time is up.

The Jets released popular backup quarterback Tim Tebow on Monday morning, The Post has learned. The move comes three days after they drafted Geno Smith in the second round to compete with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard and Greg McElroy for the starting quarterback spot.

It ends Tebow’s 13 months with the Jets that were more memorable for all of the headlines than anything that actually happened on the field. The Jets acquired him from the Broncos in March 2012 for a fourth-round draft pick (the two teams also swapped later draft picks).

*snicker* You'd think that with his...umm...connections...he'd find a team that wants him. Or learn how to play Big Boy Football.

Jets Release TeBOW

*snicker* You'd think that with his...umm...connections...he'd find a team that wants him. Or learn how to play Big Boy Football.

I have no problem with Tebow. He's a good kid. The NFL could use more role models.... however, it would be preferable if they could play the game well. Although he did tear my Steelers up in the playoffs two years ago.

You know...and I mean this with all due respect, Howie....but this kind of belittling is really not much different than the Cons do with Islam.

I have no problem with Tebow. He's a good kid. The NFL could use more role models.... however, it would be preferable if they could play the game well. Although he did tear my Steelers up in the playoffs two years ago.

You know...and I mean this with all due respect, Howie....but this kind of belittling is really not much different than the Cons do with Islam.

Lol...I'm teasing. We need him with the Jags just to fill seats.

The Jets did him wrong. He may have a shot in Canada or a shot in another position, but QB, he isn't going to play. NFL is tough.

The Jets did him wrong. He may have a shot in Canada or a shot in another position, but QB, he isn't going to play. NFL is tough.

Yes...my team went through that with Kordell Stewart. He could have been a Hall of Famer as Slash...but he was too stubborn.

Tebow would do great in a Slash type role.

probably has a good bit of coin set aside from his brief career, is a household name.....where does the "praying was for nothing" part come to the table?......

probably has a good bit of coin set aside from his brief career, is a household name.....where does the "praying was for nothing" part come to the table?......

It is just the sick fags way of denigrating religion. Surprisingly Steelplate put HowAIDS in his place. So I guess that makes HowAIDS steel plates bitch now

I want to write a book using the dichotomy between Tim Teobw and Cam Newton as an illustration of what is wrong with American Capitalism.

Newton was/is by far the better player, but he was not perfect, and he did not play the media game. Tebow got further and was beloved by the people, until the shit hit the fan. Tebow got more opportunities and chances, yet Newton should have had more opportunity.

Newton took Auburn to a National Championship, after being released by the University of Florida. Sure Newton is doing well, but imagine how popular he would be if he were white and prayed on the field for the camera's to see....

I want to write a book using the dichotomy between Tim Teobw and Cam Newton as an illustration of what is wrong with American Capitalism.

Newton was/is by far the better player, but he was not perfect, and he did not play the media game. Tebow got further and was beloved by the people, until the shit hit the fan. Tebow got more opportunities and chances, yet Newton should have had more opportunity.

Newton took Auburn to a National Championship, after being released by the University of Florida. Sure Newton is doing well, but imagine how popular he would be if he were white and prayed on the field for the camera's to see....

Cam Newton also stole a laptop, tried to get rid of the evidence in a very stupid way, and his father was paid a handsome fee for his son's services (which Cam claims he knew nothing about).

Tebow was at least honest. Tebow is also a team player. Even in the NFL, look at the way he got his players fired up and playing better.

Cam Newton also stole a laptop, tried to get rid of the evidence in a very stupid way, and his father was paid a handsome fee for his son's services (which Cam claims he knew nothing about).

Tebow was at least honest. Tebow is also a team player. Even in the NFL, look at the way he got his players fired up and playing better.

Cam Newton is not perfect, like all humans he has his faults. He is one DAMN good football player, significantly better than Tebow. He is not guilty for the sins of his father. Newton is also a team player and gets his players fired up and playing better.

Hell. Every starting QB in the NFL, scratch that...every starting QB and backup QB in the NFL are better than TeBOW.

They have a job.

It is just the sick fags way of denigrating religion. Surprisingly Steelplate put HowAIDS in his place. So I guess that makes HowAIDS steel plates bitch now

Nahhh...not my bitch. I don't have, want, or feel the need to make someone my bitch.

I just think the kid gets a lot of flack for nothing in particular....much like gays, the vast majority of Muslims, Christians who DON'T try to set policy for everyone else to follow....Gun owners who aren't clutching their precious pearls in fear of our Constitutionally based government, workers who can't afford to live in their own country....you know? Underdogs.

I am equal opportunity in that regard. I don't necessarily tow anyone's line 100%.

Take gun control... I believe that every qualified citizen has the right to own any weapon(s) of their choosing, but I have no problem with checks or registration and do not feel that it represents an infringement.

Gay marriage: sure... go for it... but the day you force individual churches to perform the ceremony... I'll quickly change my tune. Let the churches decide for themselves.

Abortion: pro choice.... within reason. I think three months is plenty of time to decide in most circumstances. Especially with all the options there are in avoiding pregnancy to begin with and the morning after pill for when a case of unprotected sex happens... Traumatic events, such as rape and incest should have more leeway and in the health and safety of the mother, it should be the mother's choice throughout.

So..to summarize....I don't feel the need to be an ideologue....the ability to reason and come up with reasonable solutions is what we are lacking in this country lately.

by the way, Howie, this may not be obvious to you but asking a question of someone who has you on ignore makes you look like a fucking idiot......

Back