Allergy Medicine

Irish Exit

Verified User
My prescriptions are out and I really do not want to go to the doctor just to get a refill of my prescription allergy medicines that don't seem to do much. Someone suggested I try that XYZAL OTC stuff. That crap has made me loopy AF. Definitely something you need to take before going to bed. Definitely something you need to take with food. Definitely something that will dry you up though. I feel like I have had a gallon of water in the last 12 hours. The plus side was a slept like a log and my head is clear even if my brain is not.

My prescriptions are out and I really do not want to go to the doctor just to get a refill of my prescription allergy medicines that don't seem to do much. Someone suggested I try that XYZAL OTC stuff. That crap has made me loopy AF. Definitely something you need to take before going to bed. Definitely something you need to take with food. Definitely something that will dry you up though. I feel like I have had a gallon of water in the last 12 hours. The plus side was a slept like a log and my head is clear even if my brain is not.

I like using Allegra for allergies. Unfortunately it's over the counter now, so insurance quit covering it. It's not really very expensive at all though.

Sorry, that's your system, eat it.

Be care there is a big difference between an antihistamine and a Antihistamine with a decongestant.
I won't take decongestant 's they dry me up raise bp make me nervous.

Try a salt water spray several times a day and a benadril at bedtime.. Sometimes less is more and you don't get so many unpleasant side effects.

I like using Allegra for allergies. Unfortunately it's over the counter now, so insurance quit covering it. It's not really very expensive at all though.

Allegra does something screwy to me. I forget what. Between it and claritan, one causes my ears to ring like mad and the other causes me to have this very weird cold/numbness in my forehead. I never used the prescription pill that much but the nasal spray was awesome (at $56 a refill). I am just trying to get through the hump and go back to using nothing.

Allegra does something screwy to me. I forget what. Between it and claritan, one causes my ears to ring like mad and the other causes me to have this very weird cold/numbness in my forehead. I never used the prescription pill that much but the nasal spray was awesome (at $56 a refill). I am just trying to get through the hump and go back to using nothing.

You can try an herbal mister, with tea tree, or eucalyptus essential oils. Just do it where pets aren't around. There is Flonase, but it might be what you're talking about.

Flonase works great for me,but gargle with salt water so your throat doesn't act up.
Flonase or a generic are OTC reasonable price

I have really good luck with Zyrtec (citrizine hci), I take a half a tablet daily (5mg).

You can try an herbal mister, with tea tree, or eucalyptus essential oils. Just do it where pets aren't around. There is Flonase, but it might be what you're talking about.

I don't know what it is. The comes in a metal container that is mostly red but not called Flonase. If I find it, I will let you know the name. I seem to have lost it.

Advair 250/50 disc,and carry a rescue albuterol inhaler.
Also on bad days have a nebulizer breathing machine.

Oh, I am sorry. Asthma sucks. Mine is well controlled with Asmanex. I used Advair for years (in the smaller dose) and it worked very well, then my insurance stopped covering it. I rarely need a rescue inhaler. Coincidentally, I just picked up a new albuterol inhaler today, my old one was years expired.

Oh, I am sorry. Asthma sucks. Mine is well controlled with Asmanex. I used Advair for years (in the smaller dose) and it worked very well, then my insurance stopped covering it. I rarely need a rescue inhaler. Coincidentally, I just picked up a new albuterol inhaler today, my old one was years expired.

The key is keeping it under control!

Yes it is. I am very fortunate that mine is well controlled, and not as severe as it was when I was a kid. I even go off the Asmanex during the deep freeze months of NE Ohio.

In the cold months of NW Ohio ,the indoor heat drys out my lungs sometimes,so I run a vaporizer while I sleep.Or use my advair at the Y,then go in the steamroom for a few moist breaths.

Back