Allyson Felix - GOAT

Here’s a question for you, given college athletes can now be paid, if a track and filed athlete takes money, does it effect their qualification status as an amateur in Olympic competition?

Here’s a question for you, given college athletes can now be paid, if a track and filed athlete takes money, does it effect their qualification status as an amateur in Olympic competition?

Great question. I honestly have no idea how NIL affects Olympic eligibility.

Don't the Olympics use professional athletes in sports like basketball?

Thought of that as well after I posted what I did. Professional golfers now compete in the Olympics. Not sure if track and field has different rules or not.

Thought of that as well after I posted what I did. Professional golfers now compete in the Olympics. Not sure if track and field has different rules or not.

"Because it was decided on a sport-by-sport basis, not all professional athletes were given the green light at the same time as others, and many entities — the IOC, international and national sports federations, chiefly — all had to sign off before they could compete in the Olympics. However, sport by sport, changes started taking place."

You're a fool, wake the fuck up!!

Professional athletes are allowed to compete in the Olympic Games alongside their amateur counterparts. However, two sports continued to resist the onset of professionalism in the Olympics. These are wrestling and boxing.

Back