APP - alternative minimum tax...for corporations

should corporations pay an alternative minimum tax

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
if citizens have to pay an alternative minimum tax, then subsequent to a scotus decision that corporations have the same rights as citizens, then corporations should also pay an alternative minimum tax

what say you

Who, ultimately, actually pays corporate taxes?

This is a question liberals avoid at all costs, because they cannot admit their mantra of tax, tax, tax (along with 90% of their other keep government as big as possible programs) ends up hurting those who they claim to be most concerned about. "Let's tax the oil corporations!" they scream. Those big, nasty, polluting, (keeps our entire transportation industry going) oil companies need to pay more taxes. Except those oil companies are not about to take a hit on their bottom line, and the CEOs, CFOs, board members, etc. aren't about to take a pay cut either. So who pays the taxes? The consumer, through increased retail prices, which INVARIABLY hits the poor hardest. But that is not all - increased fuel prices drives up the cost of transportation, so EVERYTHING goes up. And that hits the poor even harder.

So, then we end up raising the poverty line to account for increased consumer prices, which in turn produces a need for increased assistance benefits, which increases the need for even more taxes, in a never ending vicious cycle of stupidity.

Who, ultimately, actually pays corporate taxes?

This is a question liberals avoid at all costs, because they cannot admit their mantra of tax, tax, tax (along with 90% of their other keep government as big as possible programs) ends up hurting those who they claim to be most concerned about. "Let's tax the oil corporations!" they scream. Those big, nasty, polluting, (keeps our entire transportation industry going) oil companies need to pay more taxes. Except those oil companies are not about to take a hit on their bottom line, and the CEOs, CFOs, board members, etc. aren't about to take a pay cut either. So who pays the taxes? The consumer, through increased retail prices, which INVARIABLY hits the poor hardest. But that is not all - increased fuel prices drives up the cost of transportation, so EVERYTHING goes up. And that hits the poor even harder.

So, then we end up raising the poverty line to account for increased consumer prices, which in turn produces a need for increased assistance benefits, which increases the need for even more taxes, in a never ending vicious cycle of stupidity.

why did you ignore the op in your anti-tax rant

the question was, since corporations want the privileges of citizenship, should they pay an alternative minimum tax like citizens

are you arguing that corporations should pay no taxes?

why did you ignore the op in your anti-tax rant

the question was, since corporations want the privileges of citizenship, should they pay an alternative minimum tax like citizens

are you arguing that corporations should pay no taxes?
Yes, I am arguing that corporations pay no taxes. I am arguing that businesses pay no taxes. Those taxes are simply passed on to the consumer, which ends up hurting the lower income brackets the most. Let businesses pay fees for those public assets they use, but end taxation on their profits, since they'll simply add those taxes to the costs of doing business, which in turn results in higher consumer prices.

An individual income tax, freed of the thousands of pages of special loopholes and shelters, would more than make up for no corporate taxes.

(I would also argue that the personhood of corporations is asinine, and has been taken way too far in the courts. There is a difference between treating a corporation as a single entity for convenience of law, and calling them a person)

Yes, I am arguing that corporations pay no taxes. I am arguing that businesses pay no taxes. Those taxes are simply passed on to the consumer, which ends up hurting the lower income brackets the most. Let businesses pay fees for those public assets they use, but end taxation on their profits, since they'll simply add those taxes to the costs of doing business, which in turn results in higher consumer prices.

An individual income tax, freed of the thousands of pages of special loopholes and shelters, would more than make up for no corporate taxes.

(I would also argue that the personhood of corporations is asinine, and has been taken way too far in the courts. There is a difference between treating a corporation as a single entity for convenience of law, and calling them a person)

while i disagree about no taxes for corporations, i do agree with the fact that the tax code needs to be reformed

unfortunately, the probability of real tax reform is about zero

oh well

Back