Amazon customer service

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
Five stars.

Normally if a suitcase breaks I throw it out. But my wife bought an ultra-light, very expensive, and on its second use two of the four wheels broke. Really crappy wheels. So I bought 2 pairs of replacement wheels from Amazon, $9.99 each, for a total of $19.98. Might just as well replace all four.

Once the items were delivered I went to drill out the rivets. Instead of hollow rivets, like I expected, they were solid. Couldn't drill through the first one without it spinning. Tried several tricks, nothing worked, so I started cutting with a dremel. Got careless, melted the caster piece on the suitcase itself, so had to toss the whole thing in the trash.

Never opened the sealed bags that the wheels arrived in, so returned them. Since it was my fault, had to pay return postage. $5.27 for my carelessness. Amazon makes it convenient, puts the postage of your account, to be subtracted from the item cost. My credit card or paypal doesn't have to get involved at all.

After dropping off the return at UPS, on my regular trip to that store, within an hour Amazon refunded me $4.71, which was the price of one pair of wheels less the return postage. Obviously they made a mistake, not realizing that the number of "items" that I returned was two, not one.

Logged on to Amazon and went to customer service. They give the option of phone, chat or email. I sent them a two sentence email with the order number and explaining their mistake.

What must have been two minutes later they sent me an email. I didn't bother to open it, figuring it was an auto-reply. Later I went through my mail, tossing out the garbage, and out of curiosity opened the one from Amazon. They resolved the issue, recognized their mistake and refunded me an additional $15.26, which was the cost of the second item plus my return postage.

No wonder brick and mortar retail is disappearing.

the power of a better idea

with the correct fettering there is nothing on the earth like capitalism

Five stars.

Normally if a suitcase breaks I throw it out. But my wife bought an ultra-light, very expensive, and on its second use two of the four wheels broke. Really crappy wheels. So I bought 2 pairs of replacement wheels from Amazon, $9.99 each, for a total of $19.98. Might just as well replace all four.

Once the items were delivered I went to drill out the rivets. Instead of hollow rivets, like I expected, they were solid. Couldn't drill through the first one without it spinning. Tried several tricks, nothing worked, so I started cutting with a dremel. Got careless, melted the caster piece on the suitcase itself, so had to toss the whole thing in the trash.

Never opened the sealed bags that the wheels arrived in, so returned them. Since it was my fault, had to pay return postage. $5.27 for my carelessness. Amazon makes it convenient, puts the postage of your account, to be subtracted from the item cost. My credit card or paypal doesn't have to get involved at all.

After dropping off the return at UPS, on my regular trip to that store, within an hour Amazon refunded me $4.71, which was the price of one pair of wheels less the return postage. Obviously they made a mistake, not realizing that the number of "items" that I returned was two, not one.

Logged on to Amazon and went to customer service. They give the option of phone, chat or email. I sent them a two sentence email with the order number and explaining their mistake.

What must have been two minutes later they sent me an email. I didn't bother to open it, figuring it was an auto-reply. Later I went through my mail, tossing out the garbage, and out of curiosity opened the one from Amazon. They resolved the issue, recognized their mistake and refunded me an additional $15.26, which was the cost of the second item plus my return postage.

No wonder brick and mortar retail is disappearing.

I love shopping at Amazon!

I love shopping at Amazon!

So do I. I do a lot of business with Summit Racing and they require a minimum order of $99 to get free shipping. Lots of times I just need something small to keep a project going and can find the same item, actually sold by Summit through Amazon, for the same price with free shipping.

Amazon is my go to store for almost everything. 90% of the time I can get it cheaper than the big box stores including Walmart. With prime and free 2 day shipping I have saved a ton of money. I agree you get the most bang for your buck there.

Back