An Easy Question

Seared decaying bovine flesh(raised on my farm). Fresh made cole slaw from my garden cabbage. And a baked tater also from my garden.

I set up my dinner menus a week in advance for my cook/housekeeper. Sometimes it changes during the summer due to fresh veggies. Local caught fish every friday even though I am not catholic :)

Now I am having a party/feast on Labor day for my disabled vets. Pool is open and everything.
With their families and such should be about 35 here. I borrowed a hog cooker for the event. All the neighbors are invited as well and will likely bring homebaked goodies and such. It is the country way. I am the designated driver to haul those with too much fun home in my van. A couple of republican Politicians want to show up. I sure hope not but will not be rude unless they are.

Grilled bone-in chicken breast with homemade barbecue rub
Spinach salad with grape tomatoes, cucumber and celery, with shredded parmesan, bacon bits, our own pecans, and a berry vinaigrette
Baked Yukon Gold potatoes with fresh butter and salsa.

I set up my dinner menus a week in advance for my cook/housekeeper. Sometimes it changes during the summer due to fresh veggies. Local caught fish every friday even though I am not catholic :)

Now I am having a party/feast on Labor day for my disabled vets. Pool is open and everything.
With their families and such should be about 35 here. I borrowed a hog cooker for the event. All the neighbors are invited as well and will likely bring homebaked goodies and such. It is the country way. I am the designated driver to haul those with too much fun home in my van. A couple of republican Politicians want to show up. I sure hope not but will not be rude unless they are.
Am I invited? KY is not to far from Ohio and I'm a former Republican so I qualify as mentally disabled, don't I?

Home made chicken and noodles served German peasant style (over mashed potatoes) with fresh corn and a salad made of thin slices of heirloom tomatoes (from my garden), sprinkled with feta cheese and fresh basil (also from my garden), lightly seasoned with salt n pepper and drizzled with some EVOO. (I'm not to fond of the salad. I made it for my beautiful bride, the ladies seem to go nuts for those fresh garden tomatoes. I get a lot of compliments for this simple salad).

Last edited:
Grilled bone-in chicken breast with homemade barbecue rub
Spinach salad with grape tomatoes, cucumber and celery, with shredded parmesan, bacon bits, our own pecans, and a berry vinaigrette
Baked Yukon Gold potatoes with fresh butter and salsa.
Hmmm I think I'll steal that salad recipe. I love Yukon gold potatos. They make the best mashed taters and potato casseroles. I have a recipe with Yukon golds I call "Better then sex" potatos. Boil up some Yukons, drain and place in a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients for twice baked potatoes. Mix with a handmasher. Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle with some shredded cheddar and paprika. Bake at 350 till cheese is melted and potatoes bubbly. Goes great with steak or pork roast.

Back