An Incredible Hulk Verdict

Konono

Verified User
Jury awards Hulk Hogan $115 million in Gawker sex tape suit

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida jury sided with ex-pro wrestler Hulk Hogan on Friday and awarded him $115 million in his sex tape lawsuit against Gawker Media.

The jurors reached the decision Friday evening, less than six hours after they began deliberations. The trial lasted two weeks, and Hogan wept as the verdict was read.

The jury isn't finished; they will return to court Monday to award punitive damages. Just moments after the verdict, Gawker founder Nick Denton said he will appeal, based on evidence that wasn't introduced in court.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/new...ected-hogan-gawker-trial-112415895.html?nhp=1

:whoa:

fuck gawker. I hate them. I'm so glad.

I like that statement of "...he will appeal, based on evidence that wasn't introduced in court..."

He had his fucking chance and they're not going to retry this; just because he's an idiot.
The best he can hope for, is to have the judgement reduced.

fuck gawker. I hate them. I'm so glad.

The court had to unseal documents that the lower court deemed private and an appellate deemed public interest, including Hulk's penis size. I don't understand American court system. How can such a thing be deemed public interest?

I like that statement of "...he will appeal, based on evidence that wasn't introduced in court..."

He had his fucking chance and they're not going to retry this; just because he's an idiot.
The best he can hope for, is to have the judgement reduced.

I read the article as saying the appellate court overturned the lower court's decision to not release the documents. Wouldn't that be new evidence? That is what the lawyer in the article said.

Back