And dogs have no rights....

uscitizen

Villified User
Aug 29, 8:03 AM EDT

Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will

NEW YORK (AP) -- Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HELMSLEYS_POOCH?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

What made her decide that her dog would need a 12 million dollar trust fund?

I can see why the trust fund exists, but the specific value of 12 million? Is the sub-prime mortgage crisis expected to cause a run on dog food and bones?

The public have a right to know.

I can see why the trust fund exists, but the specific value of 12 million? Is the sub-prime mortgage crisis expected to cause a run on dog food and bones?

She wanted to make a point that she cared about the dog more than the grandchildren.

She wanted to make a point that she cared about the dog more than the grandchildren.

Fair enough, i suppose.

Although i can't help thinking that she should have gone the whole hog and left the dog in charge of the billion dollar capital from the liquidation of assets.

I've met some fund managers and i reckon the dog would do a far better job playing the markets. I would also have insisted on something like a thousand strong army of radio-controlled postmen for the dog to chase.

If you're going to make a point do it in grandiose style is what i say.

Nah.that's the morgage value of the dog house.

If you had paid attention, you would have learned that she made notic that there were other "Personal" reasons why she cut those two grandchildren out.

Does this have to do with your moderating skills too???

She also left a three million dollar trust for the upkeep and cleaning of her mausoleum. I'm sorry but that bugs me more than the pooch.

Back