And you Wonder Why I Am Never On?

Care4all

Contributor
:clink:

here's my new home this Spring, Apple trees, (unmanicured at the time) in full bloom, the meadow with wildflowers just beginning, my pond is gleaming with wildlife abound....

And so much work to do to clean it up and dress up the front i can't even begin to tell ya!

But it is BEAUTIFUL, none the less...

See wild turkeys everyday in the meadow!

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Care4all/

Wow, you are really in the boondocks. I could almost hear the "Deliverance" banjos playing as I looked at those pics! haha - just kidding. Looks beautiful there.

With all those ponds, creeks, and water out there, you must get swarmed by mosquitos in the summer :eek2:

Very nice Care. I had pictured it a bit more rugged terrain in my po old mind though.

Sure beats hanging at the mall and bars doesn't it ?

Wow, you are really in the boondocks. I could almost hear the "Deliverance" banjos playing as I looked at those pics! haha - just kidding. Looks beautiful there.

With all those ponds, creeks, and water out there, you must get swarmed by mosquitos in the summer :eek2:

mosquitos aren't bad, gets to mid 50's at night/mid to high 70's during the day....they don't like it...plus during the day we have sea breezes...1.5 miles from the mouth of penobscot bay...they hate wind.

BUT the mutant ninjas from HELL they call ''May flies'' or Black flies here are a nightmare...or at least they were untill about 2 weeks ago. They give you welts, when they bite you and itch to no end for at least 4 weeks per bite...i am certain my legs are scared for life from the bite marks. I was unprepared for their assault! But next year....well, let's just say i am in the midst of figuring out my defense strategy for next year! lol

My electric bill has been $37 bucks 2 months in a row! NO AC needed....in massachusetts we ran around $175 a month during the summer with AC!

This makes the winter oil bill a little easier to handle!

This year, we plan on using the fireplace/franklin stove to supplement the oil....buying wood now, cuz it is cheaper.

We are not in the boondocks, though it appears that way...the grocery store is 4 miles, the post office 2 miles, gas station with mart 1,5 miles and 2 miles away, doctors, lawyers and indian chiefs 2-5 miles max...

the malls, with macy's, jc penneys, sears, khols, walmart, target. all chain restaurants 15-24 miles away...home depot 16 miles, true value hardware, 3 miles, ebs harware 3 miles...

It's a great location, a hidden secret!

i just found over 100 Beach Rose bushes throughout my property...i had cut a kazillion down, when cuting back brush cuz i did not know what they were....now, where i didn't cut them these beautiful fuschia flower with a bright yellow center is blooming....

i let the areas grow back that i chomped and the roses and wildfloers are coming back! Thank GOD i didn't kill them!

I will take more pictures of the roses and post later...and the apples are now about 2 inches round! And i have pics of the wild turkeys...

and some great pics of the ocean and islands!

What I don't have is broadband.... :( and it takes 4ever with dial up to load the pics...!

mcdonald's is 3 miles :)

My electric bill has been $37 bucks 2 months in a row! NO AC needed....in massachusetts we ran around $175 a month during the summer with AC!

Sweet. I can't stand hot climates either. I like cool summers. Sounds like the maine coast is similar to where I live.

Those flies sound like a hassle. And bug repellent is disgusting stuff. I don't know the deal with that.

:clink:

here's my new home this Spring, Apple trees, (unmanicured at the time) in full bloom, the meadow with wildflowers just beginning, my pond is gleaming with wildlife abound....

And so much work to do to clean it up and dress up the front i can't even begin to tell ya!

But it is BEAUTIFUL, none the less...

See wild turkeys everyday in the meadow!

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Care4all/

Hehe

I'm glad you're happy, Care.

"My electric bill has been $37 bucks 2 months in a row! NO AC needed....in massachusetts we ran around $175 a month during the summer with AC!"

Sheesh, we've paid 300 before.

"What I don't have is broadband.... and it takes 4ever with dial up to load the pics...!"

No cable? You don't live by any highway, I guess, so you don't have DSL. Er, you could get satellite? In about 5 years, though, I tell ya, the whole damn nations going to have a way to connect to the internet in a way that's even faster than what I have. Things go too fast, if you ask me.

"What I don't have is broadband.... and it takes 4ever with dial up to load the pics...!"

No cable? You don't live by any highway, I guess, so you don't have DSL. Er, you could get satellite? In about 5 years, though, I tell ya, the whole damn nations going to have a way to connect to the internet in a way that's even faster than what I have. Things go too fast, if you ask me.

i live 1.5 miles from US 1, so your theory of being near a highway falls..... :(

no cable, no dsl

much slower satelite is available but all the write ups say DON'T BOTHER paying the $300 for set up and $60 bucks a month there after because it is slower than AOL dial up... reception is not acceptable!

They allowed Verizon to Purchase the local telephone company in our region with the promise of them bringing dsl to the customers without.

There was an article last week that Verizon wants OUT, and wants to sell out this area to someone else, the area is upset because they never forfilled their promise to bring us dsl.

It sucks because the town to the left of me has cable and wireless broadband avail.

Two towns to the right of me has Time Warner Cable/ broadband...

Nothing to the south of me but the Ocean and the city a bit to the north of me has cable, wireless, and dsl....

There are 7 homes on my 3 mile stretch of a road.... I WILL NEVER SEE BROADBAND AGAIN, much to my dismay.... :(

About 16 miles away in the town to the left, they have an cafe/bookstore nook, that has wireless broadband avail for free....I have gone there for the day when I needed to use my computer with broadband speed.

i live 1.5 miles from US 1, so your theory of being near a highway falls..... :(

no cable, no dsl

much slower satelite is available but all the write ups say DON'T BOTHER paying the $300 for set up and $60 bucks a month there after because it is slower than AOL dial up... reception is not acceptable!

They allowed Verizon to Purchase the local telephone company in our region with the promise of them bringing dsl to the customers without.

There was an article last week that Verizon wants OUT, and wants to sell out this area to someone else, the area is upset because they never forfilled their promise to bring us dsl.

It sucks because the town to the left of me has cable and wireless broadband avail.

Nothing to the south of me but the Ocean and the city a bit to the north of me has cable, wireless, and dsl....

There are 7 homes on my 3 mile stretch of a road.... I WILL NEVER SEE BROADBAND AGAIN, much to my dismay.... :(

About 16 miles away in the town to the left, they have an cafe/bookstore nook, that has wireless broadband avail for free....I have gone there for the day when I needed to use my computer with broadband speed.

the pictures are gorgeous and the town seems really cute and quaint.

But I'd die if I didn't have cable and/or DSL.

Just die.:tv: :eek2:

Okay Thorn, This is For You!

I'm gonna try to get you homesick for Nova Scotia.... Even though I have not Taken the CAT over from Bar Harbor Yet, I am certain our wildlife and fauna is the same! ;) You can FRY in texas, or you can come home to Paradise! :)

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z309/Care4all1/

Oh, oh, oh those are sooo beautiful! Perhaps I could persuade my snow-hating husband that the seasons other than winter would make winter worth it! He claims to be dismal at winter sports, but ...

I feel peaceful just looking at those! Thanks. :)

Oh, oh, oh those are sooo beautiful! Perhaps I could persuade my snow-hating husband that the seasons other than winter would make winter worth it! He claims to be dismal at winter sports, but ...

I feel peaceful just looking at those! Thanks. :)

Reminds me of Alaska!

Cheers!

no cable, no dsl

Heh, I'm such a dork. Broadband's my area of expertise.

But honestly, it's really goddamn life changing, broadbands so awesome. We put DSL in, and that was wonderful. The two laptops didn't have it for a while, so we stuck in a wireless network (which took about a trillion years to get working!), and then it all worked.

But it's easier to live without it if you don't have it ;). I could even finish all my goddamn stories if I didn't have it, actually.

Back