Another Complaint Thread by Me

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
I know how interested the board is in at my personal life and how much you want to hear about my troubles when you log on to a political website, so in that spirit, here's my latest drama:

We're in the process of buying a house and this time everything on the seller side is going smoothly and we've got our ducks in a row there: we're out of contract, title's been ordered, we're out of attorney review, the sellers are really cool about stuff, etc. We thought we'd locked up the loan thing and then wham we get our rate. Drastically different from our GFE we got a couple of weeks ago. The appraiser and the loan company dragged their feet (despite having everything they needed two weeks ago) and we could only get it locked in last night which really pissed me off. Anyway, we're now stuck in limbo having already spent $300 on an appraisal and they won't release it to other mortgage company unless the mortgage company we aren't going with releases it. Apparently this law changed a few years ago. I'd like to kick the dumb fvck that thought this was a great way to do business in the b alz

I know how interested the board is in at my personal life and how much you want to hear about my troubles when you log on to a political website, so in that spirit, here's my latest drama:

We're in the process of buying a house and this time everything on the seller side is going smoothly and we've got our ducks in a row there: we're out of contract, title's been ordered, we're out of attorney review, the sellers are really cool about stuff, etc. We thought we'd locked up the loan thing and then wham we get our rate. Drastically different from our GFE we got a couple of weeks ago. The appraiser and the loan company dragged their feet (despite having everything they needed two weeks ago) and we could only get it locked in last night which really pissed me off. Anyway, we're now stuck in limbo having already spent $300 on an appraisal and they won't release it to other mortgage company unless the mortgage company we aren't going with releases it. Apparently this law changed a few years ago. I'd like to kick the dumb fvck that thought this was a great way to do business in the b alz

OH wow, this sucks! What are you going to do?

They don't provide YOU with a copy of the appraisal that you in turn provide to whomever you work with? You seriously have it FUBAR'ed in Jersey. Yet another reason I love Colorado. Common sense is somewhat prevalent here. Appears to be completely lacking in Jersey.

i don't know. I'm trying to get in touch with the other mortgage company. Worst case scenario I'm out $300. At this point my priorities are meeting the close date not haggling for $300. I just may be out $300. Live and learn. But that's the price you pay when you trust someone you really know you shouldn't.

It was our fault by assuming because he got us one of the best rates last time that he'd get us one of the best rates this time. What's the old saying about "ASSuming"? We should have done more digging and priced around like we did last time. But we didn't and now we may have to pay for it again.

i don't know. I'm trying to get in touch with the other mortgage company. Worst case scenario I'm out $300. At this point my priorities are meeting the close date not haggling for $300. I just may be out $300. Live and learn. But that's the price you pay when you trust someone you really know you shouldn't.

It was our fault by assuming because he got us one of the best rates last time that he'd get us one of the best rates this time. What's the old saying about "ASSuming"? We should have done more digging and priced around like we did last time. But we didn't and now we may have to pay for it again.

Well, it could be worse.... you could be forced to go to your mom for a rate quote. "gee Mom, I know I told ya last time that you sucked and I went with someone else... but could you give me a quote again?"

:D

Back