Another day in Bush's War; Another Bloodbath

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
1) 500 people may have been vaporized in northern Iraq bombings.

The death toll from the horrific car bombings of two Yazidi villages outside Mosul in northern Iraq may rise to 500, which would make them by far the deadliest terror attacks since the US invaded the country.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070816/NATIONWORLD/708160484/-1/LOCAL17

2) The pentagon is claiming violence is way down in Iraq (without providing any actual numbers or data); independent news analyses on the other hand are suggesting the number of car bombings in Baghdad in July was 5 per cent higher than last December and civilian casualties in explosions have increased by about the same percentage.

Somebody's lying.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2866788.ece

Seriously, if this is "the surge is working", I'd hate to see a surge failing.

1) 500 people may have been vaporized in northern Iraq bombings.

The death toll from the horrific car bombings of two Yazidi villages outside Mosul in northern Iraq may rise to 500, which would make them by far the deadliest terror attacks since the US invaded the country.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070816/NATIONWORLD/708160484/-1/LOCAL17

2) The pentagon is claiming violence is way down in Iraq (without providing any actual numbers or data); independent news analyses on the other hand are suggesting the number of car bombings in Baghdad in July was 5 per cent higher than last December and civilian casualties in explosions have increased by about the same percentage.

Somebody's lying.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2866788.ece

Seriously, if this is "the surge is working", I'd hate to see a surge failing.

I have been so out of the loop, I was in the hospital for five days, and I come back to a lot of bad news. I can't listen to talk radio, lately. I am very fearful.

String doesn't believe it's even anywhere near close to the deadliest attack.

You honestly do not believe we killed more than 500 in one battle? The headline I referred to and which caused my reaction, moron, had no qualifications, not even concerning since invasion.

I have been so out of the loop, I was in the hospital for five days, and I come back to a lot of bad news. I can't listen to talk radio, lately. I am very fearful.

Glad you are out of the hospital Froggie. We missed ya.
My advise is to never lieten to talk radio. We can provede more horrible news on here than anyone needs anyway.

There is an assumption that this is the deadliest attack since the invasion, during "Operation Shock and Awe" do you think we may have killed more than 500 Iraqis during any of the bomb drops? If we have, then this was not the deadliest attack.

There is an assumption that this is the deadliest attack since the invasion, during "Operation Shock and Awe" do you think we may have killed more than 500 Iraqis during any of the bomb drops? If we have, then this was not the deadliest attack.

Yeah, we have, but no US news agency is ever going to report this war that way, and that's why you have this headline.

Yeah, we have, but no US news agency is ever going to report this war that way, and that's why you have this headline.
It doesn't change the accuracy of String's statement that this likely wasn't even close to the deadliest attack.

How can we know ?, the military was under orders not to count bodies.

the article specifically states that this was the deadliest "terror attack" in the entire war.

First, I have no idea how many humans our bombs may have killed in any one attack.

Second, our attacks are not qualified as "terrorist" attacks, by our media and government.

And that was my point.

the article specifically states that this was the deadliest "terror attack" in the entire war.

First, I have no idea how many humans our bombs may have killed in any one attack.

Second, our attacks are not qualified as "terrorist" attacks, by our media and government.

The headline to which I referred made no such qualifications. My only point was that the headline and treatment of this seems to make it appear that deaths by "terrorist attack" are the only ones for which we should feel anguish. This gave Ib1, a media apologist, a sandy vagina.

Since ib1 is a media apologist and the media tends to serve the role as apologist for whatever admin is currently killing people (it sells papers), by extension ib1 is a Bush apologist. Probably why he supoorts Edwards who voted for war and hates Paul who threatens the warmongerers financier, i.e., the Fed.

Back