Anyone Gone to a Wedding Drunk?

cawacko

This will be my first. 'SC game was f'ing stressful today and went down to the last minute. No way I could watch that sober. I've been yelling at the TV all day I hope I don't accidently yell at the bride when she is walking down the isle or something smart like that.

Yes.

Being best man is very stressful and i was loaded pre-wedding. Managed the service ok (just had a couple of pints to top up in the morning) then got worried about the speech and started drinking the complimentary wine and had a few more beers. More wine with the dinner, worrying about the speech, and a crafty few shorts. I'm told the speech went "ok".

If you're just a guest nobody will notice if you're a bit "merry". Just go with it and talk to lots of people...talking to strangers is always better when you're a little smashed. Exciting things happen which wouldn't occur if you were sober. And you'll almost always get a great anecdote to tell at the next wedding you get invited to.

Yes.

Being best man is very stressful and i was loaded pre-wedding. Managed the service ok (just had a couple of pints to top up in the morning) then got worried about the speech and started drinking the complimentary wine and had a few more beers. More wine with the dinner, worrying about the speech, and a crafty few shorts. I'm told the speech went "ok".

If you're just a guest nobody will notice if you're a bit "merry". Just go with it and talk to lots of people...talking to strangers is always better when you're a little smashed. Exciting things happen which wouldn't occur if you were sober. And you'll almost always get a great anecdote to tell at the next wedding you get invited to.

Maybe you can use some ideas for the next one from this video?

Mine was better than that and i was well out of it.

On saying that, i am never doing it again (they have since divorced).

Several, weddings are practically calling for drunkenness.

Exactly.

Without the booze they are just very annoying weekends (even though the booze tends to cost more and you have to wear a suit there does tend to be the pay-off of a plethora of drunken women)

Exactly.

Without the booze they are just very annoying weekends (even though the booze tends to cost more and you have to wear a suit there does tend to be the pay-off of a plethora of drunken women)
I try to wear my suit once a week. A classy man like myself should be seen in a coat and tie every so often, especially with my new fedora.

Back