Anyone use a bread machinr

Yes, thanks.
I had one that made 1/2 loaf would like something bigger.
Also was the performance consistent?

on a regular basis?

We have one but quit using it after I started kneading bread by hand. The bread machine normally gives you a thicker denser crust that I simply don't care for. Still, they are a good thing for those that want less hassle of babysitting their bread.

That is what I am wondering.
I try for 72% hydration which can still be kneaded. It's easy to shape and you don't need any special equipment. If you want to make bread a lot like once a week, I recommend sourdough. That way all that flour isn't being turned into sugar. You can always use a bread pan until you get the hang of shaping but freeform artisan bread is worth learning and passing down to the grandkids.

Yeah, I got one, makes good bread.
See that open crumb? Let me know when a machine can do this.

PC141190_Fotor.jpg

limited experience for me but I did find mine to be consistent until it broke. moral of that story is get a good one.
I am not aware of any big ones. I suspect the increase in size would be daunting.

When you slice your bread and it looks like this, you are officially a bread maker.

IMG_0895.jpg

on a regular basis?

No. Do not buy into into that. Anyone I know that ever had one ended up selling it off. It's a lot of work for very little reward.

Except for me. I think that POS is right where I think it is. :palm:

Sumbitch! It damn sure is. :(

I will put it in the next yard sale for $2 and count my blessings if it sells.

Back