AP Preseason Poll is out.

Canceled.2014.1

The preseason AP poll is out, and there are a few things I wonder about. (other than why the hell they rank teams that haven't played yet)

USC at #1? They lost 2 games last year. Have they gotten significantly better? Barkley may be the best QB in college football, and the offense looks sharp. But #1? On what basis?

They have Michigan at #8 with 1 vote for #1. For a team that will start the year 0-1, thats high praise.

Florida State is at #7. We'll have to see if the show up or blow up this year.

The media has decided this will be the Year of the Trojan! YES... USC must win the NC to make up for the NCAA putting them on probation and keeping them from challenging Alabama in 2011. Their QB is going to win the Heisman, no one else should even try, and the coach will be named Coach of the Year, heck... probably the DECADE... because hey... they are USC! They could probably lose on opening day, and the media would still have them at #1, because you know, USC is just that freaking awesome! lol

The media has decided this will be the Year of the Trojan! YES... USC must win the NC to make up for the NCAA putting them on probation and keeping them from challenging Alabama in 2011. Their QB is going to win the Heisman, no one else should even try, and the coach will be named Coach of the Year, heck... probably the DECADE... because hey... they are USC! They could probably lose on opening day, and the media would still have them at #1, because you know, USC is just that freaking awesome! lol

Dixie, we kicked Kiffin ass when he was at UT, we can do it again. Its his Dad that scares me. His defenses schemes are tough.

I saw a new list out ranking interior offensive linemen. The best news is that the #1 and #2 guys on this list are Bama players. Chance Warmack at Guard is #2 and Barrett Jones at Center is #1.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--fbc-nation-s-best-interior-linemen.html

"Jones was an All-America guard as a sophomore in 2010. He was an All-America tackle as a junior last season. Now he goes for the hat trick, as he moved to center during spring drills. Jones won the Outland Trophy last season."

Bama's O Line is going to be one of the best in the nation this year. Its one of the reasons I think the 12.5 point spread against Michigan is too low. Our offensive line has a 50lb perman advantage in weigh and is not slow. Given Saban's penchant for grinding opposing defenses down to the point that they cannot stop us in the 3rd & 4th quarter, it could get ugly for the wolverines.

Oh yeah, and the #3 offensive tackle in the nation (according to http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--fbc-top-20-offensive-tackles.html ) is DJ Fluker. He is a monster.

Last edited:
USC loses at least 2 in sec, bama beats them by 13! More AP writers in cali than sec combined. Sc doesn't play a real game till oregon in nov.

USC loses at least 2 in sec, bama beats them by 13! More AP writers in cali than sec combined. Sc doesn't play a real game till oregon in nov.

The game in Nov between Bama and LSU will, once again, decide who plays for the NC. I'm nervous about playing Arkansas so early in the season (9/15).

Stick around, Top. None of these folks will talk football!

3 days until Bama's season opener against Michigan.

Toussaint made a plea deal which clears him to play. They are gonna need him.

It could be close for the first half, but eventually the size difference in the trenches is gonna wear Michigan down.

Look for Denard to have to try and beat us in the air, and Robert Lester picks off at least 2.

Back