April Fools Pranks

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Yesterday was my wife's day off. She usually sleeps in but in honor of April 1 I hid three alarm clock around the bedroom and set them at 20 minutes apart.

When the first one went off she called me at work and told me that was lame.

When the second one went off she called me and said "ok, very funny, did you hide any others?" To which I said "No"

When the third one went off she called me up and said "Asshole!"

About a dozen years ago a writer for the local newspaper wrote an article on April 1 about how all the water in our local reservoir was contaminated with dihydrogen oxide.

It backfired on them as they grossly underestimated the degree to which the public is scientifically illiterate. They were inundated with calls by alarmed citizens who did not find the prank funny at all.

That Dihydrogen Monoxide is a terrible killer. There's a whole page on the web about it.

http://www.dhmo.org/

Just look at this!

What is known about these cancers is that Dihydrogen Monoxide is found in detectable and biologically significant levels in virtually all tumors and other cancerous and pre-cancerous growths.

Cancer research has made significant advances in the detection and treatment of many forms of cancers. With each new advancement, the role DHMO plays in the cause of cancer is likely to be better understood.

Educate yourself! The truth about Dihydrogen Monoxide!

http://www.dhmo.org/truth/Dihydrogen-Monoxide.html

About a dozen years ago a writer for the local newspaper wrote an article on April 1 about how all the water in our local reservoir was contaminated with dihydrogen oxide.

It backfired on them as they grossly underestimated the degree to which the public is scientifically illiterate. They were inundated with calls by alarmed citizens who did not find the prank funny at all.

The Daily Telegraph in 2009 had this on the 1st April.

The Telegraph revealed a plan to generate electricity by harnessing the power of fish migrating upstream. "The project, codenamed 'Finetics', builds on Japanese technology that captures energy from people walking over pressure sensitive mats at train stations.
Research found that a typical salmon, which zips through waters at a top speed of 12 metres (40ft) per second, can over a 100m (330ft) stretch generate enough electricity to make 18 cups of tea, while the more shy rudd will only trigger enough power for three cups.
Multiplied many times over by the millions of fish that thrive in rivers and waters across England and Wales, the Environment Agency scientists estimate the amount of electricity generated could power around 30,000 homes a year.

Last edited:
Back