Will work for Scooby snacks
My top three undiscovered picks

Tomb of Genghis Khan
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20170717-why-genghis-khans-tomb-cant-be-found

Alexander the Great’s tomb
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/2019/02/lost-tomb-alexander-great/

Deciphering the lost language of the Indus Valley civilization
We basically need to find the equivalent of a Rosetta stone
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/c...cript-of-the-indus-civilization/#.XT3p3uhKjIU
I have always been fascinated with abnormal psychology and serial killers, so Mine would be

Discovering the true identities of Jack the Ripper, and the Zodiac Killer. They aren’t of great historical significance, but it’s my interests.

I have always been fascinated with abnormal psychology and serial killers, so Mine would be

Discovering the true identities of Jack the Ripper, and the Zodiac Killer. They aren’t of great historical significance, but it’s my interests.

Those are fine mysteries that need solving!

National Geographic predicts ancient mysteries that will be solved this century

I am skeptical of a widespread Viking presence in North America, but it would be totally bad @ss if it were confirmed.

I am more confident that previously unknown ancient civilizations in the Amazonian basin will be discovered, though preservation in wet, tropical environments is problematic.

I believe the probability is close to 100 percent that we will final enter the tomb of the last Qin emperor in China sometime this century.

Seven Ancient Mysteries Archaeologists Will Solve This Century
National Geographic archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert predicts the amazing finds we may make in the 21st century.

1. Discovering previously unknown cities—or even civilizations—in Central and South America
2. Finding the tomb of Genghis Khan or Alexander the Great
3. Entering the tomb of China’s first emperor
4. Deciphering the mystery language of the ancient Minoans
5. Understanding the purpose of the Nasca lines
6. Recovering an intact Neanderthal
7. Confirming large-scale Viking presence in North America

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...ure-discoveries-technology-ancient-mysteries/

Those are among my top interests! Getting into the minds of serial killers is fascinating. If you haven't seen it yet on Netflix, check out Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes.

Those are among my top interests! Getting into the minds of serial killers is fascinating. If you haven't seen it yet on Netflix, check out Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes.

I can't say I have ever been keenly interested in serial killers, although Jack the Ripper so iconic everyone would like to have that mystery solved.

Here is my contribution:
I would like the mystery of Percy Fawcett to be solved. The English explorer who went missing in the Amazon rainforest in the 1920s - with enduring legends about him being killed by dangerous stone age cannibal tribes. I personally suspect his death and dissapearance may have more mundane explanations - but who doesn't like a story about cannibals, jungles, and the unwitting European explorer?

I can't say I have ever been keenly interested in serial killers, although Jack the Ripper so iconic everyone would like to have that mystery solved.

Here is my contribution:
I would like the mystery of Percy Fawcett to be solved. The English explorer who went missing in the Amazon rainforest in the 1920s - with enduring legends about him being killed by dangerous stone age cannibal tribes. I personally suspect his death and dissapearance may have more mundane explanations - but who doesn't like a story about cannibals, jungles, and the unwitting European explorer?

Wow, that sounds interesting! I'm definitely going to look him up.

Mine would be, where is Tecumseh buried? Probably one of the best kept secrets in the world as it is known by a handful of Native American leaders where he was buried and they still maintain vigilance over his burial site but to this day they have never revealed it to the General public.

Tecumseh was one of the greatest North American men of the 19th Century and though one of the greatest enemies of the American Republic yet is greatly admired by his American conquerers, even in his time, as a genius, indefatigably courageous and an admired and honorable opponent.

Yet to this day Native Americans will not reveal his burial site.

I am skeptical of a widespread Viking presence in North America, but it would be totally bad @ss if it were confirmed.

I am more confident that previously unknown ancient civilizations in the Amazonian basin will be discovered, though preservation in wet, tropical environments is problematic.

I believe the probability is close to 100 percent that we will final enter the tomb of the last Qin emperor in China sometime this century.
Those are all great. The Nasca lines are fascinating.

Those are all great. The Nasca lines are fascinating.

Yes, the are!
I was always hoping they were some sort of alien landing beacons, but the scientist in me has to restrain myself from those kind of fantasies.

This is a summary of current theories about the origins of the Nazca lines, according to Professor Edwin Barnhart:

Why were the lines made? There are several popular theories.

- One theory holds that the lines were alien spaceship landing pads. No one has yet excavated a spaceship on the Nazca plains, and it must be noted that the soft sand would make takeoff and landing difficult.
- According to another theory, the lines are some sort of astronomical calendar. Some sets of lines do indeed align themselves with solar, lunar, and sometimes planetary alignments. But there are hundreds of lines, so those few examples are statistically insignificant when we look at all of the geoglyphs.
- Yet another theory holds that the lines lead to underground water sources or aquifers. In the 1990s, David Johnson proposed that trapezoidal geoglyphs pointed to subsurface aquifers and informed the Nazca where to dig their wells. Intensive studies in 2000 to 2003 didn’t verify this theory; the trapezoids seemed to be statistically random, though a few do point to aquifers.
-Finally, the lines may have been pilgrimage paths. This theory points to individual groups, over time, making their own kinds of lines and disrespecting earlier lines as having already served their purpose. The pottery shards perhaps indicate offerings, though it is unclear to whom or for what purpose. Lines in the Palpa Valley show the Fanged Deity, which could support this theory.

Nazca archaeology indicates that the Nazca people, like the Paracas people before them, were headhunting, manioc-eating jaguar imitators. But they were a walk of at least two weeks away from the Amazon. Those Amazonian origins seem more mysterious than the lines they scratched in the desert.

-Source credit: Professor Edwin Barnhart, Ph.D., Maya Exploration Center

Yes, the are!
I was always hoping they were some sort of alien landing beacons, but the scientist in me has to restrain myself from those kind of fantasies.

This is a summary of current theories about the origins of the Nazca lines, according to Professor Edwin Barnhart:
I saw a show that theorized they were a water map. I thought it a plausible theory. I secretly want them to be alien related, too.

Back