Are "classic cars" doomed in the New Era?

No, they are not. Look at the prices they bring, and they go up every year .If I'd have only kept a few of the ones I've had over the years.

I guess fancy buggies and sailing ships were once trading hands for big money. That changed.

Now they are just museum pieces that nobody uses much.

Do you think anyone (except DEMOCRAT elites) will be allowed to drive pollution-spewing gas guzzlers on the roads in the New Era?

I guess fancy buggies and sailing ships were once trading hands for big money. That changed.

Now they are just museum pieces that nobody uses much.

Do you think anyone (except DEMOCRAT elites) will be allowed to drive pollution-spewing gas guzzlers on the roads in the New Era?

Couldn't tell you, that was before my time.

Lots of sailing vessels out there. They race sailing ships, don't they?

What and when is this "New Era"? Why would Dems drive gas guzzling classics? They prefer a Prius, don't they?

I dont disagree but I eat today to improve my chances of survival for tomorrow.

We all eat, but yeah, it does improve our chances for survival for tomorrow. Every day is a gift, live it to the fullest you can, tomorrow might not come.
It's a calm and beautiful day. I am going groundhog hunting. The soybeans are almost too high to spot them in the open fields. Have a nice day :)

Lots of sailing vessels out there. They race sailing ships, don't they?

Modern sailboats aren't the same as ships from the age of sail, and you know it.

Commercial shipping moved on some time ago. Maybe you heard, although it was "before your time".

Couldn't tell you, that was before my time.

Is there a booming trade for antique tall ships today?

Is the market for square riggers booming right now?

What and when is this "New Era"?

It's the future, which you prefer not to think about.

I've found living in the "now" is far more important than worrying about the future.

Why would Dems drive gas guzzling classics?

For the same reasons you do, I suppose.

They prefer a Prius, don't they?

Not all of them. The term "elites" must have escaped your attention.

We all eat, but yeah, it does improve our chances for survival for tomorrow. Every day is a gift, live it to the fullest you can, tomorrow might not come.
It's a calm and beautiful day. I am going groundhog hunting. The soybeans are almost too high to spot them in the open fields. Have a nice day

It's a calm and beautiful day. I am going groundhog hunting. The soybeans are almost too high to spot them in the open fields. Have a nice day :)

Give em hell

Well, if you really wanted to do an electric car conversion, this would be my first choice:

6.jpg

Lotus-Europa-TBF-606-J-EngineLotus-Europa.jpg

lotus111239398588.jpg

It's not that I own one, but that the car is like 70% empty space once you remove the engine, transmission, and gas tanks. It makes for massive room right in the middle for a huge battery pack that wouldn't ruin the weight distribution, plenty of room in the rear for a drive motor on the rear wheels, and the vehicle starting at just over 1500 lbs. in weight means that it will have incredible performance on that battery with the handling not being ruined by the battery pack weight.

That's if you want a battery car. Of course, getting a Li Ion battery pack that will fit would run you like $50,000 for a custom design but...

It's not that I own one, but that the car is like 70% empty space once you remove the engine, transmission, and gas tanks. It makes for massive room right in the middle for a huge battery pack that wouldn't ruin the weight distribution, plenty of room in the rear for a drive motor on the rear wheels, and the vehicle starting at just over 1500 lbs. in weight means that it will have incredible performance on that battery with the handling not being ruined by the battery pack weight.

Colin Chapman was brilliant at reducing weight.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Here's an example of a light car with an electric motor swap:

No, they are not. Look at the prices they bring, and they go up every year .If I'd have only kept a few of the ones I've had over the years.

True. There was a classic car show in town last weekend; it drew thousands of visitors. No doubt some changed owners.

I do have to confess though that it's hard to feature a car that was made since I was a "classic." Aren't those Model Ts? lol

Back