Are polyamorous relationships the future?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160623-polyamorous-relationships-may-be-the-future-of-love

As a child Franklin Vieux recalls hearing his school teacher read a story about a princess who had a tantalising dilemma. Two male suitors had been wooing her and she had to choose between them. Franklin wondered why she could not choose both.

This early insight was revealing. Franklin has to this day never stuck to one relationship at a time. “I have never been in a monogamous relationship in my life. When I was in high school I took two dates to my senior prom. I lost my virginity as a threesome.”

Today he lives with his long-term girlfriend in a home he shares with her other boyfriend. Occasionally his partner’s teenage daughter also stays over. He is also in four other long-distance relationships, people he sees with varying degrees of frequency.

I think it is for bisexuals. By definition it's hard to be bisexual and monogamous. I used to be friends with a woman who was in the polyamory and D&S life style. She was a brilliant woman. Had two PhD's. Was a tenured associate Professor at OSU. She had a partner who was an attorney and they were in a D&S relationship where she was the sub. She was also, I kid you not, married to a submissive gay actor. He was in a relationship with a gay man who was his top. Weird shit man.

As for polamory being the wave of the future? I seriously doubt that. I think to many people are like me. I found my soul mate in my wife. If something were to happen to her I don't know what I'd do but I doubt I could be in another relationship with another woman.

Back