Are there any Rubes left who think Iraq was a response to9/11 or the "War on Terror"?

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Are there any Rubes left who think Iraq was a response to9/11 or the "War on Terror"?

Can we dispense with the fiction that Bush invaded Iraq as a response to 9/11, or any broader "war on terror"

here is what Bush's ghost writer Mickey Herskowitz reports Bush saying during an interview when Bush was still governor of Texas in the late 1990s:

"He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,” said author and journalist Mickey Herskowitz. “It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ And he said, ‘My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.’ He said, ‘If I have a chance to invade….if I had that much capital, I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I’m going to have a successful presidency.”

Former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill wrote in his memoirs of the very first Bush cabinet meeting:

'"The hour almost up, Bush had assignments for everyone ... Rumsfeld and [Joint Chiefs chair Gen. H. Hugh] Shelton, he said, 'should examine our military options.' That included rebuilding the military coalition from the 1991 Gulf War, examining 'how it might look' to use U.S. ground forces in the north and the south of Iraq ... Ten days in, and it was about Iraq."

O'Neill specifically said that Bush instructed Rumsfeld to look at military options and how it might look to use US ground forces in the north and the south of Iraq.

Then we have this account from May, 2000, by journalist Osama Siblani, who met with Bush in Troy, Michigan when he was campaigning for the Republican nomination:

' OSAMA SIBLANI: I met with the President, and he wanted to go to Iraq to search for weapons of mass destruction, and he considered the regime an imminent and gathering threat against the United States.

AMY GOODMAN: You met with the President of the United States?

OSAMA SIBLANI: Yes, when he was running for election in May of 2000 when he was a governor. He told me just straight to my face, among 12 or maybe 13 republicans at that time here in Michigan at the hotel. I think it was on May 17, 2000, even before he became the nominee for the Republicans. He told me that he was going to take him out, when we talked about Saddam Hussein in Iraq. . .

And George Tenet:

"There was never any serious debate about the merits of invading and occupying Iraq - whether or not we should invade" (paraphrase)

everyone knows we are fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here.

But they are taking over here in the good ol US of A LadyT, darned Muslims and Jews in congress and such!
Just an evil Illumainati plan or maybe a hollow earth plan, not sure on that.

everyone knows we are fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here.

Quite right. Honestly, I just can't stomach the idea of iraqi insurgents following us home, and attacking my local Walmart.

yeah or blowing up gasoline tankers under bridges....

Or sabotaging new pumps in New Orleans. umm wait that was Jeb bush's old employers, could not be terrorism.

Last edited:
LOL! Really?

Too bad she doesn't post here. I was kind of looking forward to someone coming on this thread, and saying "you are looking at one such rube right now mister"

They're out there. Some republican moron called Stephanie Miller today, and said we have to win the war on Iraq, because Iraq was involved in the attacks of 9/11.

What can you even say to people like that? :shock:

What can you even say to people like that?
//

I try to say nothing because they obviously have some form of mental problem.

My momma taught me it is not nice to make fun of idiots, but I do regress sometinmes :)

They're out there. Some republican moron called Stephanie Miller today, and said we have to win the war on Iraq, because Iraq was involved in the attacks of 9/11.

What can you even say to people like that? :shock:

I know, I heard that. I couldn't believe it. And she insisted well that's what "she believes". What the hell does this have to do with "beliefs"? Iraq was either involved in the 9/11 attacks or they weren't. What you believe should be relegated to relgious and holiday questions. You can "believe" Santa is coming. You can't "believe" that Saddam was involved with 9/11.

What can you even say to people like that?
//

I try to say nothing because they obviously have some form of mental problem.

My momma taught me it is not nice to make fun of idiots, but I do regress sometinmes :)

Some republicans still think France or Russia, moved the WMD to syria. I mean, I don't know how somebody can keep lying to themselves, simply because they have the same political party registration as the president.

Back