Are Those Spidery Black Things On Mars Dangerous? (Maybe)

cancel2 2022

Canceled
11_custom-72d19f352c5a2a78c4b45ec15c83228964b5e074-s3.jpg

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2...se-spidery-black-things-on-mars-dangerous-yup

Very cool, but the geyser theory doesn't explain why it would show up only on the sun side of the ridges... The fissures in the rock wouldn't necessarily follow the lighted path, as the CO2 heated below the surface it would be far more random.

I don't think the current rover is anywhere near the South Pole (I haven't checked) so we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Very cool, but the geyser theory doesn't explain why it would show up only on the sun side of the ridges... The fissures in the rock wouldn't necessarily follow the lighted path, as the CO2 heated below the surface it would be far more random.

I don't think the current rover is anywhere near the South Pole (I haven't checked) so we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Unfortunately unlike the Moon it is not possible to move in much closer to get better shots, the atmosphere on Mars sees to that. Oh and Curiousity is a long way from there.

Back