Argo best picture lmao what a joke

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Seriously that movie is so so so so so so so so soooooo overrated. It was decent but no fucking way should it have won best picture. jesus.

I was shocked, I guess it is Hollywood's way of being patriotic.

im not shocked, nate silver, political genius basically predicted everything down the line.... some award shows leading up to the oscars have better track records for giving their awards to those that will eventually win the oscars as well. The SAG awards for instance has a lot of overlapping voting membership. Argo apparently was way out in front to win, same with Daniel Day Lewis (who def deserved it)

Someone pointed out that Argo had to win because Hollywood is characterized as heroic in the story.

That's actually a very good point 3D. Huh.

Well, they do say that if you give 100 monkeys typewriters they will eventually pound out the complete works of Shakespeare...

im not shocked, nate silver, political genius basically predicted everything down the line.... some award shows leading up to the oscars have better track records for giving their awards to those that will eventually win the oscars as well. The SAG awards for instance has a lot of overlapping voting membership. Argo apparently was way out in front to win, same with Daniel Day Lewis (who def deserved it)

I despise Doris Kearns Goodwin, and the only thing that could get me to see that movie was the greatest living actor playing Lincoln, and it was worth it.

Has anyone seen Silver lining playbook? I am curious I haven't had a chance, and I was surprised that Jlaw won best actress, only because she strikes me as a decent, but certainly not great actor.

Has anyone seen Silver lining playbook? I am curious I haven't had a chance, and I was surprised that Jlaw won best actress, only because she strikes me as a decent, but certainly not great actor.

i saw it. I thought the first half was really good, the second half kinda degenerates into standard romantic comedy.

As far as her acting in the movie, yeah I don't get it. Nothing seemed over the top or inherently impressive about her performance.

That said, I'm in love with jennifer lawrence and she is the most perfect girl in the world.

i saw it. I thought the first half was really good, the second half kinda degenerates into standard romantic comedy.

As far as her acting in the movie, yeah I don't get it. Nothing seemed over the top or inherently impressive about her performance.

That said, I'm in love with jennifer lawrence and she is the most perfect girl in the world.

Okay, I'm going to see it. I like her a lot, probably because of the hunger games. But also I like what her personality seems to be (who knows for sure). She's cute.

Why do you dislike her?

Well, she's a plagiarist for one thing. And after Obama won his first term, there was a point when I really would have killed myself if I had to hear and watch phony intellectuals say "team of rivals" as all of their phony friends nodded knowingly, one more time. She is the perfect "intellectual" for the village set. The place where Fred Barnes can snicker unbelievingly that most college students don't know what The Iliad is about, "The Iliad!" and then when called on it, admit that he doesn't know what it's about himself. She's the "intellectual" that an intellectual like David Gregory can read to feel good about himself. Then he can bring her up in a conversation while Fred Barnes nods approvingly.

I really should write a freaking performace art act about this.

I want to say that I do not think that the Oscar's is the right venue for Seth McFarlan's humor.

I thought he was very inappropriate throughout the evening.

He finally got to stand on Bob Hope's platform. Seth loves old theatre and is an admirer of Hope. Of course, he does have a twisted sense of humour.

I despise Doris Kearns Goodwin, and the only thing that could get me to see that movie was the greatest living actor playing Lincoln, and it was worth it.
Why do you despise Goodwin? I read her book "Team of Rivals" and thought was very well researched and written. It also gave me a new perspective about Lincoln and his Presidency.

Well, she's a plagiarist for one thing. And after Obama won his first term, there was a point when I really would have killed myself if I had to hear and watch phony intellectuals say "team of rivals" as all of their phony friends nodded knowingly, one more time. She is the perfect "intellectual" for the village set. The place where Fred Barnes can snicker unbelievingly that most college students don't know what The Iliad is about, "The Iliad!" and then when called on it, admit that he doesn't know what it's about himself. She's the "intellectual" that an intellectual like David Gregory can read to feel good about himself. Then he can bring her up in a conversation while Fred Barnes nods approvingly.

I really should write a freaking performace art act about this.
I wouldn't codemn her just because the talking heads with their Sunday morning "Inside the Beltway" programs are a condescending group of pricks. I get frustrated too with those programs. They keep trotting out the same spin doctors who could insult an Oysters intelligence and they talk down to us like we couldn't possibly have the intellect to comprehend DC politics when most of them aren't exactly what I would call the sharpest pencils in the box. I was particularly frustrated with NBC's choice of David Gregory for meet the press. He's a condescending asshole who's not half as bright as he thinks he is. The arrogance these DC Beltway pricks have is staggering.

Back