Armstrong is toast

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I have not been able to get a hold of a complete copy of the USADA report but I have been able to get significant portions of it and wow is it compelling. It not only condemns Lance for not only using PED's but for establishing a network to promote and distribute PED's thought out his team often compelling teammates to use PED's or get sacked. Not only that but he used his resources and attourneys to attack and destroy anyone who might possibly provide evidence or testimony against him. Then there's the testimony that he paid off the UCI, once in 1999 for $25,000 and again in 2001 for $100,000 for positive drug tests. The USADA report is not just a reflection on Armstrong but on the entire sport which is completely corrupt. The entire leadership of the UCI needs to step down immeadiatly if there's any hope of pro cycling ever regaining credibility. Armstrong wasn't the only cheater and liar in pro cycling. He was just the best of them. His entire legacy as the man to over come cancer to dominate his sport, the greatest come back ever, has been completely discredited.

Given what I've read in the USADA report I would be horrified if a child of mine would want to become a pro cyclist. No wonder Armstrong and his lawyars have used political influence to try and get USADA shut down. Senator McCain certainly did the right thing there!

This makes me very sad. I wanted him to be innocent. He was a hero to many and now he is an embarrassment

He's just another con artist and criminal who is without honor. He should be prosecuted, will he be?

He's just another con artist and criminal who is without honor. He should be prosecuted, will he be?
He could be. The question is there enough evidence for a criminal intent to distrbute illegal PED's. That I can't answer but I rather doubt it or the federal investigation would not have been closed. On the other hand, he'll probably have serious civil problems as many of his sponsors could claim to have been defrauded since Armstrong is not fighting the USADA findings via arbitration. I would imagine that Lance and his lawyers are in damage control mode. Armstrong made well over $200,000 million and that's not including his Foundation which has raised nearly $500 million.

but the entire time he was doping they used his ass.

Nike cant remove their taint by dropping him after the fact.

Nike money is part of the reason the asshole doped

it seems to me that this whole controversy is based upon a rumor that Armstrong bought clean UA's. Is that right?
Clean UA's? You mean clean urine samples?

No this investigations findings are based upon the testimony of 26 people including 11 former team mates who have testified under oath. Their investigation is pretty comprehensive and unless Armstrong does something to rebutt it, appears to be true. It's very plausable. Prior to the USADA finding of the 11 podium finishers in the TDF from 1999 to 2005 all but one tested positive for PED's or admitted to using them. Armstrong was the only one who had not. Until now. It appears that he may have actually tested positive for PED's 7 times and the UCI was paid hush money to cover it up. The fact that Armstrong twice paid large sums of money to the UCI's drug testing program is deeply disturbing and was a gross conflict of interest that should have been reported to the public.

Clean UA's? You mean clean urine samples?

No this investigations findings are based upon the testimony of 26 people including 11 former team mates who have testified under oath. Their investigation is pretty comprehensive and unless Armstrong does something to rebutt it, appears to be true. It's very plausable. Prior to the USADA finding of the 11 podium finishers in the TDF from 1999 to 2005 all but one tested positive for PED's or admitted to using them. Armstrong was the only one who had not. Until now. It appears that he may have actually tested positive for PED's 7 times and the UCI was paid hush money to cover it up. The fact that Armstrong twice paid large sums of money to the UCI's drug testing program is deeply disturbing and was a gross conflict of interest that should have been reported to the public.
I see. that's way more information than I had heard about before. thanks.

I see. that's way more information than I had heard about before. thanks.
You're welcome. I think Lemond has a good point about this though. Armstrong and the rest of the cheaters are a symptom of the disease. The disease isn't the use of PED's the disease is corruption. Non of this could have happened if the leadership of the UCI wasn't corrupt. They need to go.

You're welcome. I think Lemond has a good point about this though. Armstrong and the rest of the cheaters are a symptom of the disease. The disease isn't the use of PED's the disease is corruption. Non of this could have happened if the leadership of the UCI wasn't corrupt. They need to go.
agreed.

Cycling was gay before lance and its gay'r than Elton John now.
All recent champs before and after have been caught.
Just like steroids enough were doint it to say everybody was.
Anybody cracking lance is a FAG!

Back