Ashleigh and Pudsey - Britain's Got Talent 2012 Live Semi Final - UK version

Britain, the birthplace of Shakespeare, Dickens, Newton, Brunel, Burke, Hume and Keynes, on whose Empire the sun never set, the largest in history, covering a quarter of the world's landmass, dominating one fifth of the globe's population. A Britain who gave the world 'time', 'electricity' and proper 'democracy' (excluding all those terrible Greek bits full of homosexuality and what-not.) A proud, upstanding Britain, maintaining the spirit of Magna Carta, Winston Churchill and 1966.

And here we are reduced to this...

Mother...the hemlock, please.

Britain, the birthplace of Shakespeare, Dickens, Newton, Brunel, Burke, Hume and Keynes, on whose Empire the sun never set, the largest in history, covering a quarter of the world's landmass, dominating one fifth of the globe's population. A Britain who gave the world 'time', 'electricity' and proper 'democracy' (excluding all those terrible Greek bits full of homosexuality and what-not.) A proud, upstanding Britain, maintaining the spirit of Magna Carta, Winston Churchill and 1966.

And here we are reduced to this...

Mother...the hemlock, please.

Charver welcome back, but seriously stop being so pompous. The other act that came second, Charlotte and Jonathan were fantastic and I can see him especially going on to be a world class tenor. I only hope he won't be Cowelled and forced down the quick buck route. He is a diamond in the rough and given the right guidance could be as famous as Pavarotti or even Caruso.

Charver welcome back, but seriously stop being so pompous. The other act that came second, Charlotte and Jonathan were fantastic and I can see him especially going on to be a world class tenor. I only hope he won't be Cowelled and forced down the quick buck route. He is a diamond in the rough and given the right guidance could be as famous as Pavarotti or even Caruso.

Pompous...ok?

Whatever, but this sort of stuff just makes me despair. Seriously.

I agree with you to a great extent, but that's the way the world works now. However isn't it better than one of the boy bands or dance troupes winning?

The winner of a competition i refuse to play any part in has no innate meaning to me whatever the winner.

(Honestly, i've never watched an episode of BGT, X-Factor, Fame Academy, or any other one of these terrible monstrosities which passes for 'entertainment' nowadays. Thank God for the Great British pub.)

Did you see any of the Young Musician of the Year programmes on BBC2?

Nope.

Who won that then?

dog-playing-piano.jpg

Back