'at's my boy....

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
so, my son graduated this weekend after working several years on his Business Admin degree while working full time......

this semester he was on mandatory 50 hour work week, taking nine semester hours and graduated cum laude......

"You're working him too hard". - libtards

for clarification, he doesn't work for me......he works at a company that custom builds bottle filling assembly lines for factories......he has to machine parts and assemble from blue prints......every since classes in CAD he took in high school he has displayed an interesting skill.......he can glance at a blue print, point to a spot and say......"its not going to work there!" and when the engineers go back and look they find he was right......he's been there since August and has already gotten three bonuses for saving the company $5k or more under a program they have there.....

Last edited:
so, my son graduated this weekend after working several years on his Business Admin degree while working full time......

this semester he was on mandatory 50 hour work week, taking nine semester hours and graduated cum laude......

Congradulations

for clarification, he doesn't work for me......he works at a company that custom builds bottle filling assembly lines for factories......he has to machine parts and assemble from blue prints......every since classes in CAD he took in high school he has displayed an interesting skill.......he can glance at a blue print, point to a spot and say......"its not going to work there!" and when the engineers go back and look they find he was right......

So why did he pursue a business degree instead of a mechanical engineering degree?

So why did he pursue a business degree instead of a mechanical engineering degree?

he started out his first year in engineering and hated it so much he quit school and moved to Florida for four years.......worked installing car audio systems.......

he started out his first year in engineering and hated it so much he quit school and moved to Florida for four years.......worked installing car audio systems.......

The first two years sucks. When I get the chance to mentor students, I always tell them to read the course descriptions for junior and senior year.

Potential for greater earnings, I would think. Of course, I view the engineering degree as the safer road, but not everyone is risk averse like I am.

Earning potential has much more to do with work ethic, imagination, and the ability to take risk and capitalize on it rather than a degree. That being said, three of the most successful folks I've known are M.E.s. One is in his 80's now, worked for Mobil and was making six figs when that meant something. Another owns a manufacturing facility employing over 100 people. A third owns a ski resort with 500 employees (mostly seasonal).

Back