Attention dog owners: dog treats sold at Target recalled

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

186cefb484b287ce74779b55bee0ea1c1726d1f0ece82a246bad9e42c65493bc

Boots & Barkley is recalling its American Beef Bully Sticks that were sold at Target stores nationwide from April through September, over potential salmonella contamination.

The voluntary recall was issued by Denver-based Kasel Associated Industries, the sticks' manufacturer, and applies to all six-count 5-inch packages of Boots & Barkley "American Beef Bully Sticks."

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is urging pet-owners to look for signs of salmonella in animals that ate the sticks, because the infection can be risky to both pets and humans.

Humans are at risk for salmonella poisoning from touching contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after handling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_...recalled-after-positive-tests-for-salmonella/

I don't buy treats for my pup...he gets real bones to crunch. Some of them are so big it's all he can do to chew the ends off of them and lick what's left of the marrow. My body can't live on a vegan diet so I've returned to meat eating and he's very happy about it.

I don't buy treats for my pup...he gets real bones to crunch. Some of them are so big it's all he can do to chew the ends off of them and lick what's left of the marrow. My body can't live on a vegan diet so I've returned to meat eating and he's very happy about it.

You can do ovo-lacto vegetarianism without too much problem while Veganism is far more extreme. Some people cannot do without the animal proteins but there is no need to kill something to get them. Eggs are nearly a perfect substitute, but adding a bit of cheese and milk can supplement the vegetarian diet to a level where the health problems of veganism do not come into play at all. I cook meat for the family, but I cannot eat it myself. But I get eggs from the chickens, and we buy milk and cheese that I add to my diet which creates a much more healthy diet than veganism would be.

You can do ovo-lacto vegetarianism without too much problem while Veganism is far more extreme. Some people cannot do without the animal proteins but there is no need to kill something to get them. Eggs are nearly a perfect substitute, but adding a bit of cheese and milk can supplement the vegetarian diet to a level where the health problems of veganism do not come into play at all. I cook meat for the family, but I cannot eat it myself. But I get eggs from the chickens, and we buy milk and cheese that I add to my diet which creates a much more healthy diet than veganism would be.
No I can't. I'm unable to eat anything with gluten or casein. That doesn't leave much...I had to change, my body demanded it. It isn't out of choice in the sense that I had much...and NO, I won't eat GMO food so that leaves out corn and soy. My health has been a huge issue for the last several years and I've been trying to find a way to eat, and live without medication and side effects (unpleasant ones)...I've gone primal and my gut is thanking me and I'm slowly getting off the meds.

I've had to do with such a limited diet it's unreal...I have to deal with histamine also...the list gets smaller and I can't eat too many eggs or it causes problems. So I try to find a balance. I wish I could eat vegan or vegetarian, it suits me, but I can't...even having too many salads messes with me. *insert sad face

Last edited:
Sorry, Haiku, do not take this as an attack. I am vegetarian myself, but I do not have celiac disease so my diet is far less restrictive.

Nobody can live on a vegan diet

No I can't. I'm unable to eat anything with gluten or casein. That doesn't leave much...I had to change, my body demanded it. It isn't out of choice in the sense that I had much...and NO, I won't eat GMO food so that leaves out corn and soy. My health has been a huge issue for the last several years and I've been trying to find a way to eat, and live without medication and side effects (unpleasant ones)...I've gone primal and my gut is thanking me and I'm slowly getting off the meds.

I've had to do with such a limited diet it's unreal...I have to deal with histamine also...the list gets smaller and I can't eat too many eggs or it causes problems. So I try to find a balance. I wish I could eat vegan or vegetarian, it suits me, but I can't...even having too many salads messes with me. *insert sad face

Euthanasia might be an option. Have you considered it?

Sorry, Haiku, do not take this as an attack. I am vegetarian myself, but I do not have celiac disease so my diet is far less restrictive.
I don't. You must believe I've educated myself and tried many dietary options. I don't have celiac I have MC and am totally allergic to gluten, casein (all dairy) and high histamine foods. I have to be very careful how I handle food...I have to freeze everything and or eat it immediately because it becomes more highly charged with histamine (meat) sitting in a fridge. It's insane. However, I'm making progress. Maybe I'll get lucky and my gut will heal...who knows. You can't possibly regret it (meat) more than I do.

I notice that my PSA thread to alert the JPP community to a product recall situation that could kill them or their pets has turned into a rightwing trollfest....

I don't. You must believe I've educated myself and tried many dietary options. I don't have celiac I have MC and am totally allergic to gluten, casein (all dairy) and high histamine foods. I have to be very careful how I handle food...I have to freeze everything and or eat it immediately because it becomes more highly charged with histamine (meat) sitting in a fridge. It's insane. However, I'm making progress. Maybe I'll get lucky and my gut will heal...who knows. You can't possibly regret it (meat) more than I do.

Sometimes avoiding it can actually fix your allergies. I'll hope it is that way in your case.

Back