Barney Miller

Nomad

BIDEN WON.
What a great fucking show.

Everything about it is just flat out cool without even trying.

Started watching it in college while it was still in production and in syndication (reruns) at the same time.

Now I watch two b2b episodes on Antenna TV every night and as many times as I've seen every episode over all these years, it still makes me laugh.

I just never get tired of it.

I guess timeless humor never gets old.

Shame they can't produce anything that original and of such quality today.

Cheers, Night Court, MASH.

Cheers and Night Court are great shows and M*A*S*H is a classic,which I also watch every night while I'm having dinner, but there are a lot of things about that show that annoy the hell out of me.

But for my money, nothing beats the boys of the ol' 1-2.

Started watching it in college while it was still in production and in syndication (reruns) at the same time.

Now I watch two b2b episodes on Antenna TV every night and as many times as I've seen every episode over all these years, it still makes me laugh.

One of my all time favorite shows. Dietrich (Steve Landesburg) used to make me laugh till my sides hurt with his dead pan humor.

Taxi is my other all time favorite....I'll never forget Reverend Jim taking his drivers license exam...."slow down" LOL

One of my all time favorite shows. Dietrich (Steve Landesburg) used to make me laugh till my sides hurt with his dead pan humor.

Taxi is my other all time favorite....I'll never forget Reverend Jim taking his drivers license exam...."slow down" LOL

I really liked Dietrich too, but my favorite character is Inspector Luger.

What a great character actor James Gregory was.

Nobody around nowadays that can come close to touching the level of talent those guys had.

Not only the actors, but the writers and directors as well.

Little bit of trivia for you.... one of the directors on that show, really the main director who directed most of the episodes, was a guy named Noam Pitlik.

Prior to directing Barney Miller episodes, he played one of Dr. Hartley's group therapy patients on the Bob Newhart Show.

He was Mr. Gianelli... (big yellow arrow)

Fearof-Flyinggroup.jpg

Gianelli.png

Fun fact. :thup:

Barney Miller. ... no wonder you guys are so Racists. (what has become of our beautiful America?)

You White Racist Bastards!
This is what we grew up with in SoCal:

No wonder you Pasty Whites are so culturally deprived.

Barney Miller. ... no wonder you guys are so Racists. (what has become of our beautiful America?)

Hmmmmm.... lessee here, going clockwise from the 9 o'clock position we've got

Jack Soo as Sgt. Nick Yemana (Japanese),
Gregory Sierra as Sgt. Chano Amenguale (Hispanic),
Abe Vigoda (sitting) as Sgt. Phillip Fish (Italian actor playing Jewish character),
Max Gail as Sgt. Stan "Wojo" Wojciehowicz, (Polish),
Ron Glass as Sgt. Ron Harris (black/African American),
Hal Linden (sitting) as Captain Barney Miller (Jewish)

cast-of-barney-miller.jpg

Doesn't get much more diverse than that, and that was before the age of diversity.

Better luck next time.

That would be cutting into my JPP Forum time. Can 'Barney Miller' give me that kind of humor?

It sure would!!!!

After the first few episodes anyway. Like most TV shows, it took awhile to find it's footing.

But you can watch it online anytime you want to.

There were some pretty darn good shows at one point.

All in the Family was a breakthrough.
Taxi brought us some great characters.

But, I'll also say that some of the variety shows of the 60s and 70s were also great and showed off some great talent.

Dean Martin
Carole Burnett
Smothers Brothers
Glenn Campbell

There were some pretty darn good shows at one point.

All in the Family was a breakthrough.
Taxi brought us some great characters.

But, I'll also say that some of the variety shows of the 60s and 70s were also great and showed off some great talent.

Dean Martin
Carole Burnett
Smothers Brothers
Glenn Campbell

We'll never see that level of talent or that quality of TV again.

The swirl of modern day culture down the toilet has gone past the point of no return.

Back