BASE jump off the Burg Dubai

Did you see the tower on your latest trip?

No I went via Abu Dhabi, I try to avoid Dubai now after all the bad publicity about the security staff. I can also catch a Etihad plane at 8:00pm from Manchester rather than at 10:00am with Emirates, much more civilised in my opinion. Abu Dhabi terminal 3 is also a lot more civilised and smaller than Dubai which is vast, intimidating and unfriendly. You even arrive in Bangkok around 6:00pm as opposed to 6:00am which helps to banish jetlag quicker.

You've just reminded me I forgot to send you a postcard.

Last edited:
No I went via Abu Dhabi, I try to avoid Dubai now after all the bad publicity about the security staff. I can also catch a Etihad plane at 8:00pm from Manchester rather than at 10:00am with Emirates, much more civilised in my opinion. Abu Dhabi terminal 3 is also a lot more civilised and smaller than Dubai which is vast, intimidating and unfriendly. You even arrive in Bangkok around 6:00pm as opposed to 6:00am which helps to banish jetlag quicker.

You've just reminded me I forgot to send you a postcard.

I looked it up on a map. The two don't seem to be that far apart. I'm learning a lot from your travels as I never heard of these two airlines before!

Guess I'll have to look at your last postcard, that beach looks wonderful and enticing and it's single-digit freezing here. Hope you had a good time.

I looked it up on a map. The two don't seem to be that far apart. I'm learning a lot from your travels as I never heard of these two airlines before!

Guess I'll have to look at your last postcard, that beach looks wonderful and enticing and it's single-digit freezing here. Hope you had a good time.

They are both part of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi just bailed out Dubai to the tune of $10 billion, in fact the Burg Dubai was only completed with the bailout money.

I left England when it was freezing and came back to more of the same. I was lucky, or maybe not, as a day later and the flight would have been delayed by snowstorms. It is not nice to come back to temperatures of -10C when it was 34C in Thailand.

Last edited:
Back