Beagles See Sun and Grass for the First Time After a Life in a Laboratory

Two times in the late 80's and early 90's I was unemployed and looking for work and turned down good paying jobs cause the work grossed me out. One was as the EH&S manager at a rendering plant. That was funny. They interviewed me then offered me the job. I said "Let me think about it." I called them back the next day and declined. They called me back the next day and offered me more money. I declined again. They called me back a week later and offered me even more money. I declined. They were astounded and told me they were offering me nearl double for that position then what they had ever paid before. I told the guy. "Honestly, I just couldn't work there. It's to gross".

The other job was at a Pathology lab that did required animal testing under TSCA new product regulations. I did the interview and was offered the job and the video you posted pretty much describes why I turned the job down. On an emotional level, I just couldn't do that.

Two times in the late 80's and early 90's I was unemployed and looking for work and turned down good paying jobs cause the work grossed me out. One was as the EH&S manager at a rendering plant. That was funny. They interviewed me then offered me the job. I said "Let me think about it." I called them back the next day and declined. They called me back the next day and offered me more money. I declined again. They called me back a week later and offered me even more money. I declined. They were astounded and told me they were offering me nearl double for that position then what they had ever paid before. I told the guy. "Honestly, I just couldn't work there. It's to gross".

The other job was at a Pathology lab that did required animal testing under TSCA new product regulations. I did the interview and was offered the job and the video you posted pretty much describes why I turned the job down. On an emotional level, I just couldn't do that.

I can't understand why these dogs have to stay in cages all the time, why can't they be let out occasionally?

I can't understand why these dogs have to stay in cages all the time, why can't they be let out occasionally?

lab research policy prevents technicians from doing anything other than experimenting on the animals. It also is meant to prevent outside virus' from infecting the animals causing bad data.

Sadly, we don't seem to get away from animal testing. You should see some of the barbaric things they do to rats.

Point of fact? They're not expected to live that long. Many new product testing protocols call for the test animal to be euthanized at the end of the test protocal.

lab research policy prevents technicians from doing anything other than experimenting on the animals. It also is meant to prevent outside virus' from infecting the animals causing bad data.

Sadly, we don't seem to get away from animal testing. You should see some of the barbaric things they do to rats.
Been there done that. It's a difficult question that bioethicist constantly examine but to put it to you bluntly, many forms of safety testing, particurly for drugs, can only be performed in vivo. If that's for a cosmetic or some consumer product it's easy to say "fuck that shit" but what if it's for the new cancer drug that may save your childs life?

Been there done that. It's a difficult question that bioethicist constantly examine but to put it to you bluntly, many forms of safety testing, particurly for drugs, can only be performed in vivo. If that's for a cosmetic or some consumer product it's easy to say "fuck that shit" but what if it's for the new cancer drug that may save your childs life?

I hear ya. it's a tough issue and sometimes great advances can come from animal testing. it's the bullshit testing that needs to be done away with.

Back