because no one else did.......the latest trend......the Sober Curiou Movement....

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
Michigan's first 'Sober Bar' opens for business
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/local/michigan-life/michigans-first-sober-bar-opens-for-business/69-0ad4d1de-6bfc-4778-9b46-1966d40b0d23

The sober curious culture breaks the binary stigma of either you drink, or you do not drink at all,” O’Neill tells us. “To pursue a sober curious lifestyle empowers one to make choices that fit what is best for you during any period of your life or under circumstances and means of your choosing
https://www.purewow.com/wellness/sober-curious#:~:text=The%20sober%20curious%20movement%20was%20borne%20out%20of%20Dry%20January&text=She%20notes%20that%2C%20historically%2C%20%E2%80%9C,promote%20health%20and%20wellness%20benefits.

I hang out at a musicians bar where the live music is always great.

But, I don't like to be bothered by the waitress staff that are always hustling drinks to the customers.

I am not really much of a drinker, so I will stretch a beer out for an hour or so, and drink more responsibly by just tipping them very well to not hustle me for drinks.

But I do know some friends who will slam a drink or beer every five minutes until they are not safe to drive themselves home- and so we pitch in and get them an UBER!

Last edited:
dont really see the value of a bar where you dont drink apart from avoiding DUIs.

might as well go to a library.

dont really see the value of a bar where you dont drink apart from avoiding DUIs.

might as well go to a library.

Well, there is a thing called DRINKING SENSIBLY AND DRIVING SAFE!

I have a personal one drink per hour limit- THAT WAY I AM NEVER TOO DRUNK TO DRIVE HOME!

And here in Texas, it is against the law for a waitress to serve drunks!

Ordinarily the presence of alcohol fuels that process. Not sure it works as well sober. Grocery store would be a better option.

I forgot the word WOKE.

It is always a good idea to give me a few minutes, as I often go back and fix/add quality to my posts.

back when we had social gatherings for work, like county bar association happy hours or open bar weddings my strategy was to start with a gin and tonic, then switch to just tonic with a twist of lime.....

Back