Beefy, play some poker! found a new site that rocks

tinfoil

Banned
http://www.onlinepoker66.com/

New site with better players. It has stud poker and omaha too. Mini tourneys where you start with 800 chips but the buy ins vary from 400 to 100,000K. Really good play at this site. You start with 1000, but I have 200K so I'll hook you up with some chips. Damo or anyone else wanna play let me know.

My screen name at that site is nicklebag. You can see the player names at the table listings. Hope to see ya there.
later

BTW
This weekend I'm playing in my first real tournement. $50 buy in and 150 player field. I've been honing my betting skills on the 20k buy in tables at that site figuring I'd be playing at least knowledgeable players. Anyway, wish me luck! LOL

http://www.onlinepoker66.com/

New site with better players. It has stud poker and omaha too. Mini tourneys where you start with 800 chips but the buy ins vary from 400 to 100,000K. Really good play at this site. You start with 1000, but I have 200K so I'll hook you up with some chips. Damo or anyone else wanna play let me know.

My screen name at that site is nicklebag. You can see the player names at the table listings. Hope to see ya there.
later

BTW
This weekend I'm playing in my first real tournement. $50 buy in and 150 player field. I've been honing my betting skills on the 20k buy in tables at that site figuring I'd be playing at least knowledgeable players. Anyway, wish me luck! LOL

Are you going to play a live tourney or is it online? If it online, I would suggest playing some of the smaller events first. If it is live, play tight as hell until the antes start, and if you make it to the bubble, get aggressive as all hell right before the money. A lot of players tighten up as the money approaches and you can steal a lot of small pots. I might give your site a try, but I'm busy as hell now.

After work I generally go to the beach till sundown, then I barbeque, play live poker with the roommates, and then its bedtime. But I'll see if I can't scare up some time to play.

Good luck at the tourney. Count your outs. If its Hold em, with 2 to come, multiply your outs by 4 and it gives your percentage of hitting one of them, unless its more than 8 outs, then you multiply by 4 and subtract the difference to 8. So lets say you have 12 outs. 12 times 4 is 48, but 12 is 4 more than 8, so take 4 off, so your percentage is 44.

With 2 to come, double your outs and add 2. 8 outs is 8X2, + 2, for 18%. It may help you out with some tough calls. Always be aware of how much is in the pot, and how much the stacks are at the table. Forget that Kenny Rogers crap about never counting your money, its stupid folklore.

Let me know how it goes. Also, let a hyperaggressive spaz be so during the early rounds, he'll forget that "all in" works every time but once.

Have fun at the tournament tinfoil....

Make sure you are not bare raising more than 30% of your stack at any one time (this will actually be common among many during the stages that the blinds get up high) nor should you be limping with such a stack.. if you are around 10-12 BB's it's pretty much all in or fold because if you are raising 3x you are basically pot committing yourself anyway.

Also, here is another pretty obvious thing when you think about it, but I myself hadn't really given much thought to until semi-recently:

The Medium Behind Rule

This usually occurs at the stage of the tournament where there is a lot of blind stealing and re steals from the small and Big Blinds. Most semi-decent players in the sb or BB aren't going to be CALLING 3x raise when they have 10-12 Bb's out of position, because they are pretty much spewing chips if they don't hit the flop hard. They can't really make a continuation bet with a subpar hand.

Because of all this, if you are attempting a blind steal, you are almost always being faced with either a All in from the blinds or a fold.

Lets say you are waiting around for a hand like KT, or A8 or something, you know.. the standard blind stealing range.... you raise it up, someone goes all in from the blinds, and you fold.

If you have a range that you are willing to attempt a steal with, but will fold to a push, you might as well be trying to steal with ANY TWO CARDS.

If you aren't going to be seeing a flop then the value of any two cards is exactly = any other type of blind stealing hand such as KT or A7.

The funny thing is lots are willing to be raising such hands but throw away garbage, without realizing that their cards are going to have the same effect and value in either case. This can help you if you have a decent sized stack and are near the bubble with people in fold or push mode.

Now, that isn't to say you SHOULD be raising blinds every time, it's very situational Dependant, but if you know your opponent is in that push or fold mode it doesn't really matter what two cards you are raising with if you aren't going to be calling his re-steal all in. It's just a perspective thing.

Back