Beer Pouring from the Bottom

Still, I am intrigued by the technology, here. So, they have plastic cups that are designed to fill through the bottom, and the liquid doesn't spill back out, but is contained? That is awesome, but does this method of pouring degrade the flavour of the beverage, if say, it is something of quality, such as a Guinness?

Still, I am intrigued by the technology, here. So, they have plastic cups that are designed to fill through the bottom, and the liquid doesn't spill back out, but is contained? That is awesome, but does this method of pouring degrade the flavour of the beverage, if say, it is something of quality, such as a Guinness?

I don't see why it wouldn't work with Guinness although I doubt that the head would be the same. It uses a magnetic disc to close off the opening when filled.

I guess I meant, does it degrade the quality, period, compared with that of a normal tap? In theory, Budurine can be degraded, although the reality is statistically insignificant. Actually, all you have to do is serve it too warm...

That's awesome, though. I like this machinery, and it probably does make it easier to pour for vendors who always fill the cup up with way too much head, and have to keep pouring it out into the sink until they get it right.

That's awesome, though. I like this machinery, and it probably does make it easier to pour for vendors who always fill the cup up with way too much head, and have to keep pouring it out into the sink until they get it right.

It also appears that since it's a measured "pour", it probabably also has a count meter in the machine; which eliminates theft.

You have an unhealthy obsession with getting too much head!! :)

As I understand it, if you want to serve Guinness in your bar they send reps to train you in how to pour it.

what? the guinness in the states is different than what you get?

if that is true, i will declare holy beer war on the powers that beer.

Back