Beer Review: Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome Ale

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
Been a little while since I did one of these, and this had been sitting in my fridge for a few weeks so....
Picked it up for $5. Barely fit the whole bottles worth in my 24oz Pilsner glass.

A: Copper colored, about 1 fingers worth of head that dissipates fairly quickly down to a thin layer. Lots of lacing present, with firm small bubbles. Fairly transparent, with a slight murkiness.

N: Mild spicy hops at first. No alcohol in the nose, wouldn't expect it anyways. Light on the malt character so far, but doesn't seem like the hops are overpowering

T: Surprisingly light hops taste for being as present in the nose as it was. Juniper is up front, along with a mysterious fruity taste that I can't place. Very reminiscent of my name sake, Old Fezziwig. Second taste and I found the hops. Like most British style beers, it's lurking in the back of the sip.

M: Fairly light body, low carbonation. No noticeable alcohol here either. The spiciness of the hops certainly changes the mouth feel from what I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing. Variety is nice after all

D: As a winter warmer type ale, drinking a lot of this wouldn't be easy. While the body is light enough, it fills you up fast. Best served as a dessert or in lieu of a evening cocktail. Would also compliment ice cream very nicely.

Well, not much else to say. I'm certainly going to pick up another bottle and save it for the summer, so I don't have to go so long before the next offering.

Been a little while since I did one of these, and this had been sitting in my fridge for a few weeks so....
Picked it up for $5. Barely fit the whole bottles worth in my 24oz Pilsner glass.

A: Copper colored, about 1 fingers worth of head that dissipates fairly quickly down to a thin layer. Lots of lacing present, with firm small bubbles. Fairly transparent, with a slight murkiness.

N: Mild spicy hops at first. No alcohol in the nose, wouldn't expect it anyways. Light on the malt character so far, but doesn't seem like the hops are overpowering

T: Surprisingly light hops taste for being as present in the nose as it was. Juniper is up front, along with a mysterious fruity taste that I can't place. Very reminiscent of my name sake, Old Fezziwig. Second taste and I found the hops. Like most British style beers, it's lurking in the back of the sip.

M: Fairly light body, low carbonation. No noticeable alcohol here either. The spiciness of the hops certainly changes the mouth feel from what I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing. Variety is nice after all

D: As a winter warmer type ale, drinking a lot of this wouldn't be easy. While the body is light enough, it fills you up fast. Best served as a dessert or in lieu of a evening cocktail. Would also compliment ice cream very nicely.

Well, not much else to say. I'm certainly going to pick up another bottle and save it for the summer, so I don't have to go so long before the next offering.

I hope you don't drink straight from the fridge? It should be served around 11 deg C (51 F). The hoppy taste comes from a combination of Fuggle and Golding hops.

I hope you don't drink straight from the fridge? It should be served around 11 deg C (51 F). The hoppy taste comes from a combination of Fuggle and Golding hops.
I noticed it mentioned the hops on the back, and I let it sit out for a couple minutes prior to.

Back