Beloved 'Star Trek' Actress Nichelle Nichols' Remains To Be Launched Into Space

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Nichelle Nichols’ final resting place will be the stars.

The legendary actress, who stared as Lieutenant Uhura on the original Star Trek, passed away on July 30. Nichols played a pivotal role in paving the way for Black actresses to make their mark on the entertainment industry, participating in one of the first interracial kisses shown on television, Daily Mail reports.

Nichols’ ashes and her DNA will be flown into space in a special “Enterprise mission,” according to Universe Today.

Nichols’ “symbolic samples” will fly beyond the moon, along with those of other Star Trek stars who have passed away, including James Doohan, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Gene Roddenberry, the show’s creator, and the man behind Star Trek‘s revolutionary visual effects, Douglas Trumbull.

Celestis, a Houston-based spaceflight company, has been organizing a flight to transport its customers’ remains for 25 years. A gram of Nichols’ ashes and DNA samples taken from her and her son Kyle Johnson will be sent as part of United Launch Alliance’s first Vulcan Centaur mission, Celestis reports.

It’s extraordinary, but Nichols’ son says she would have likely “preferred to go on the shuttle.”
“But this was a pretty close second,” he said, according to Universe Today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beloved-star-trek-actress-nichelle-194157246.html

15032018.png

[FONT=&]Nichelle Nichols’ final resting place will be the stars.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The legendary actress, who stared as Lieutenant Uhura on the original Star Trek, passed away on July 30. Nichols played a pivotal role in paving the way for Black actresses to make their mark on the entertainment industry, participating in one of the first interracial kisses shown on television, Daily Mail reports.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Nichols’ ashes and her DNA will be flown into space in a special “Enterprise mission,” according to Universe Today.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Nichols’ “symbolic samples” will fly beyond the moon, along with those of other Star Trek stars who have passed away, including James Doohan, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Gene Roddenberry, the show’s creator, and the man behind Star Trek‘s revolutionary visual effects, Douglas Trumbull.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Celestis, a Houston-based spaceflight company, has been organizing a flight to transport its customers’ remains for 25 years. A gram of Nichols’ ashes and DNA samples taken from her and her son Kyle Johnson will be sent as part of United Launch Alliance’s first Vulcan Centaur mission, Celestis reports.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]It’s extraordinary, but Nichols’ son says she would have likely “preferred to go on the shuttle.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“But this was a pretty close second,” he said, according to Universe Today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beloved-star-trek-actress-nichelle-194157246.html

[/FONT]
15032018.png

This is a bad idea.

First Launch?

The only thing a first launch should carry is instruments.

These people simply dont give a fuck.

That is Hawkeyes Hot Take.

I contribute so much more to society than you ever will, mental case. If I'm "nasty" to you it's responding in kind, believe me.

You suck.

Really?

And what do you contribute to society that is 'so much more'?

Considering I doubt you have any idea what Hawkeye10 does for a living (nor do I)?

How can you know that whatever it is that you contribute is better than whatever it is that he contributes?

Paying thousands of dollars to transport a person's ashes into space?

Well?

On first glance - seems silly to me.
The person is dead - you could toss their ashes in a bush (which is what my mother told me to do with her ashes before she died).
And they wouldn't know or care.
And surely giving that money to starving children or the homeless is a better expenditure.

But upon reflection?

Tossing them into space is better than throwing their carcasses in a fancy box and burying it in the ground with a fancy rock placed to mark the carcass pit.
Which seems utterly ludicrous to me.

And it probably costs about the same.

Really?

And what do you contribute to society that is 'so much more'?

Considering I doubt you have any idea what Hawkeye10 does for a living (nor do I)?

How can you know that whatever it is that you contribute is better than whatever it is that he contributes?

LOL.. Don't worry about Hawkeye.. he doesn't need you defending him princess. You worry about YOU! Which is a lot to worry about.

LOL.. Don't worry about Hawkeye.. he doesn't need you defending him princess. You worry about YOU! Which is a lot to worry about.

I am defending no one.
I am simply asking you do back up your statement.
Which it appears - you cannot.

So...to summarize.
You simply posted two, ad hominem posts for God-Know's-What-Reason.
Probably because you come to this site mainly to troll.

So be it.

Bye now.

I am defending no one.
I am simply asking you do back up your statement.
Which it appears - you cannot.

So...to summarize.
You simply posted two, ad hominem posts for God-Know's-What-Reason.
Probably because you come to this site mainly to troll.

So be it.

Bye now.

I back up all my statements. I just don't feel I have to answer to a douchebag wing nut racist prick like you.

Back