Best Book Series Ever Read

Lord Yurt

Lord Yurt will suffice
For me it is the Foundation Series by the Legendary Asimov.

Got chicken pox in the summer of 8th - 9th grade. There was a used book store about 15 minute bycicle ride from my condo and I always traded with the owner. Great guy. Anyway, read all five books that summer. Never knew I liked reading until then.

For me it is the Foundation Series by the Legendary Asimov.

Got chicken pox in the summer of 8th - 9th grade. There was a used book store about 15 minute bycicle ride from my condo and I always traded with the owner. Great guy. Anyway, read all five books that summer. Never knew I liked reading until then.

Asimov was one heck of a writer. I've read only the first book of his Foundation series, it was QUITE good. I need to read the rest of the series. The best book series I've read, if you count it as such, was the series of short books, when first released, The Green Mile by Stephen King. He originally released the story in serial form, in short paperbacks. I have all 6 parts, I remember I couldn't wait for each part to be released!

Asimov was one heck of a writer. I've read only the first book of his Foundation series, it was QUITE good. I need to read the rest of the series. The best book series I've read, if you count it as such, was the series of short books, when first released, The Green Mile by Stephen King. He originally released the story in serial form, in short paperbacks. I have all 6 parts, I remember I couldn't wait for each part to be released!

Interesting, did not know that. I read another book by him around the same time period, can't remember the name, it was horrifying. And I never read his books again. Probably saw a few movies though....

The Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold.....science fiction
sixteen books in the series written from 1986 through 2018.....
Miles Vorkosigan is the son of a world leader who is physically handicapped in an attack upon his parents before birth......his parents resist pressure to destroy him at birth as the local culture decrees.......he cultivates a secret identity as a smuggler and pirate, demonstrating skills that make him a legend and popular hero and as his public persona nears the age when he would take over leadership for his aging father his pirate persona is approached by the aristocracy who try to hire him to assassinate himself and take over the government so they will not be doomed to being subservient to his handicapped self.......

four of the books won the Hugo Award for Best Novel, the series won the Hugo for Best Series in 2017......

Last edited:
Another vote for Wheel of Time. Which also got me into Brandon Sanderson. Mistborn and the ongoing Stormlight Archive are both excellent.

I've always thought WOT would make a good TV show, but very difficult to pull off.

Obviously, movies are out of the question. One advantage it has over GoT is that it is entirely finished. My hope is that Amazon will think long-term, and give each book as much time as they feel is necessary.

I liked the Larry McMurtry "Thalia Trilogy" which turned out to be five books. Also the McMurtry "Houston" series.

I've been hearing about WoT for years, is this an acceptable rumor?

I was bleesed to enter the series with only the last book unfinished. I wolfed through that series.

It is. Cast members have been announced. Unfortunately, there is also an unnecessary Lord of the Rings show in the works.

I was also fortunate, and didn't discover the series until about 2007.

Actually listened to them when I had to travel for work.

The TV character wasn't the Bosch I was expecting, but everyone else was pretty close.

I've read every single book so far. I have to get Dark Sacred Night. He has another one coming out in October of this year.

Actually listened to them when I had to travel for work.

The TV character wasn't the Bosch I was expecting, but everyone else was pretty close.

I appreciate that the lead actor has an unusual first name (Titus), just like Hieronymus Bosch. I'm guessing the books give some hint as to how his mother developed an appreciation for a Dutch artist.

Back