Best Buddha

Best Buddha

• Watermark Buddha

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Gautama Buddha

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
BTW, "Buddha" is just a title that means "one who has awakened", Guatama Buddha just being the Buddha who's so associated with Buddhahood that people can call him the Buddha. By titling myself "Buddha" and referring to him as "Guatama", I am implying equality between the two of us.

That is all.

BTW, "Buddha" is just a title that means "one who has awakened", Guatama Buddha just being the Buddha who's so associated with Buddhahood that people can call him the Buddha. By titling myself "Buddha" and referring to him as "Guatama", I am implying equality between the two of us.

That is all.

Major fail.

I voted for WM. But then, anyone is smarter/superior in every way to some loser who sat under a tree for weeks at a time obsessing over himself. 0_o

Words of wisdom from the Buddha:

Wash your goddamn hands
There's a kind of mold that can kill bacteria, this will help you out a lot if you can find it
The Earth goes around the sun
Objects all fall at the same speed regardless of mass, Aristotle was full of shit
The reason you're stuck to the ground is that everything in the universe attracts everything else in accordance with their weight divided by the square of their distance multiplied by the constant G, which is around 6.674×10[SUP]−11[/SUP] N m[SUP]2[/SUP] kg[SUP]−2[/SUP] (this isn't exactly right, someone will eventually come along with "relativity", but it's true enough at anything resembling a normal velocity and it will get you on a good start anyway). The Earth's just really big and so does this a lot. This is called "gravity".
Jews are alright, don't kill them
Gays and blacks are good as well
It's alright to worship different Gods, or even no God if you feel like it
Natural disasters happen on their own, not because God/the Gods is mad at you, killing heretics isn't going to make them any less likely
Slavery is bad
Your kings aren't appointed by God, you have the right to throw them out if they're doing a bad job, even maybe switch to liberal democracy if you feel the time is right
Try not to conquer and subjugate the third world, you'll eventually feel guilty and give up anyway and it will just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth for a few centuries afterward

Am I being late with any of this?

Last edited:
Words of wisdom from the Buddha:

Wash your goddamn hands
There's a kind of mold that can kill bacteria, this will help you out a lot if you can find it
The Earth goes around the sun
Objects all fall at the same speed, Aristotle was full of shit
Don't people at their word, that Aristotle shit was easy to test and you just blindly accepted it; WTF?
The reason you're stuck to the ground is that everything in the universe attracts everything else in accordance with their weight divided by the square of their distance multiplied by the constant G, which is around 6.674×10[SUP]−11[/SUP] N m[SUP]2[/SUP] kg[SUP]−2[/SUP] (this isn't exactly right, someone will eventually come along with "relativity", but it's true enough at anything resembling a normal velocity and it will get you on a good start anyway). The Earth's just really big and so does this a lot. This is called "gravity".
Jews are alright, don't kill them
Gays and blacks are good as well
It's alright to worship different Gods, or even no God if you feel like it
Natural disasters happen on their own, not because God/the Gods is mad at you, killing heretics isn't going to make them any less likely
Slavery is bad
Your kings aren't appointed by God, you have the right to throw them out if they're doing a bad job, even maybe switch to liberal democracy if you feel the time is right
Try not to conquer and subjugate the third world, you'll eventually feel guilty and give up anyway and it will just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth for a few centuries afterward

Am I being late with any of this?

Can we overthrow elected officials? I mean, it stands to reason....

Also, as far as objects falling goes, doesn't everything EVENTUALLY reach a terminal velocity where it won't get faster without additional force (I.E. not gravity)? And isn't that velocity universal? Or am I wrong? I know this is why bullets shot up in the air are not lethal.

Can we overthrow elected officials?

Democracy allows natural non-violent revolutions, as long as you can get a majority to support your cause. Unless you have some reason to believe that the votes are being manipulated (in which case, it's not a democracy anyway), this means that any revolution is going to be inherently anti-democratic. And if a revolutionary force can't even get a majority in favor of it (otherwise, why would they take this path?), then it's probably going to have revolutions against it, and it is, by necessity, going to have to turn authoritarian to stay in power. It takes a lot of popularity (and a lot of unpopularity on the other side) to violently replace the legitimate government institutions, a mere majority isn't really even enough.

Back