Best guitar player in the world.

Is that the first time you’ve heard Flamenco?

This young man is talented but a far throw from a true guitar master like Eric Clapton, Glen Campbell...or Roy Clark.

I think Roy Clark is as good as it gets. Glen Campbell didn't get the credit he deserved for his talent as a guitarist.

I like flamenco guitar, and that guy can shred.

As an aspiring amateur guitarist, with delusions of grandeur (a legend in my own mind), you know what I was drawn to? Punk rock and grunge. Because these bands showed us we didn't have to be virtuosos on guitar...that we could just be bloody hacks, who could get away with playing three chords....and cranking it up to eleven!!

I like flamenco guitar, and that guy can shred.

As an aspiring amateur guitarist, with delusions of grandeur (a legend in my own mind), you know what I was drawn to? Punk rock and grunge. Because these bands showed us we didn't have to be virtuosos on guitar...that we could just be bloody hacks, who could get away with playing three chords....and cranking it up to eleven!!

I think it fair to say that in Rock, and other Pop music, isn’t just about the music. It’s performance art. Lots of great musicians with phenomenal talent who have limited success because they fall short on the performance side. Joanie Mitchell comes to mind. A phenomenal talent and the only concert I fell asleep at.

My only artistic talent is in the culinary arts. I cook great food from standard peasant food to haute cuisine. However I fall short on the presentation side. I used to be able to work with my brother who has a real artistic sense of style and for the dying art of hosting but could burn water. Between us we could combine our talents to take the performance art of the dinner party to a very high level. It was like Iggy Pop working with Arthur Feidler to create performance art. LOL

And then there is Stevie Ray

... and even he thinks Ernie Isley is Great.

2Q==

11743374-large.jpg

For Jazz fans here’s an incredible drummer, Jason Lee Bruns,who’s the son of a good friend of mine from my hometown of Coldwater Ohio.

Back