best online websites to find info on people FOR FREE that don't require registration

SEarch engines have all been bought off by companies so you can't even look up phone numbers now. Phone companies quit sending out phone books along time ago. They want to 'monetize' everything under the sun now.

and if nobody has a site they like to use, i'll put this out there.

I'm trying to find information on a fellow Marine that died. He was from menomonee falls wisconsin. If anyone is around that area, maybe they'd like to help. let me know. thanks.

any and all recommendations welcome.
There used to be some limited info available for free but lately I have not found any that don't take you for a long preview search and then ask for money. I have paid once or twice and got a decent report. One time it was for personal reasons and one time I did so for an elderly friend.

SEarch engines have all been bought off by companies so you can't even look up phone numbers now. Phone companies quit sending out phone books along time ago. They want to 'monetize' everything under the sun now.
Yup. We're living in a dark age.

Yup. We're living in a dark age.
Search engines have been unreliable for a long time. They take you to information you did not request and even put those unrequited results up front. I'm finding AI searches to be less burdensome and time consuming. But we must also be aware that AI can be biased and censored as well.

Search engines and public websites generally won't have much available, so it depends what you're looking for. If you have the county said Marine used to reside in, a FOIA request with the County will likely be your fastest result but again it depends what you want to find out.

and if nobody has a site they like to use, i'll put this out there.

I'm trying to find information on a fellow Marine that died. He was from menomonee falls wisconsin. If anyone is around that area, maybe they'd like to help. let me know. thanks.
What are you looking for exactly?

It's a long and complicated story but I was trying to find out how a specific person died in '93. I was trying to help a young man find out about his possible father.
Okay, when did this guy serve in the Marines? One way to find out more about that is ask people on military history boards of the proper era about getting his service records etc. They will tell you exactly how to do that and help you decipher them. I do this for people on several boards that relate to WW 2 and earlier since my focus on military history is in earlier eras.

Okay, when did this guy serve in the Marines? One way to find out more about that is ask people on military history boards of the proper era about getting his service records etc. They will tell you exactly how to do that and help you decipher them. I do this for people on several boards that relate to WW 2 and earlier since my focus on military history is in earlier eras.
not sure of his exact service dates. the kid managed to find out his cause of death by talking to the sister.

Back