Better then an electric car.

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
My ban list didn't work, on my other thread, so I'm going to ask that it be closed and I'm starting this one.

Some time back; there was a thread that discussed the new concept vehicle and here's more information.

Elio Motors. A simple, brilliant idea.

possibility.jpg

Up to 84 MPG: Engineered to go the distance.
Elio's 8-gallon tank can achieve up to 672-miles saving the average driver approximately $1,500 a year in fuel savings.

Standard features include A/C Heat, AM/FM Stereo, power windows, power door lock and auxiliary port.

The Elio features a fuel-injected, SOHC gas-powered, 3 cyl., .9 liter, liquid-cooled engine. The engine is 55 HP with 55 LB-FT of torque, has a top speed over 100 MPH, and goes 0-60 speed in 9.6 seconds.

Elio is committed to the American dream and in bringing American automotive ingenuity to every vehicle we build.
•Manufacturing facility Is former General Motors Hummer H3 facility in Shreveport, Louisiana.
•Targeting utilization 90% North American content that is re-engineered using proven and existing technology.
•Estimated that upwards of 1,500 direct US jobs will be created in Shreveport.
•An additional 1,500 jobs from the supply base, Elio Motors corporate, as well as sales and service once full production is underway.
•Plus, approximately 18,000 indirect jobs nationwide are projected to be created or sustained.

Last edited:
I don't agree with thread bans, but do understand why you want to stop Legion Troll from trolling your threads.

It is a good looking car, let's see if it can deliver.

I don't agree with thread bans, but do understand why you want to stop Legion Troll from trolling your threads.

It is a good looking car, let's see if it can deliver.

For the price, I was thinking it might also be used a winter mode of transportation for those who ride motorcycles.

I don't think there would be much of a market for this vehicle in much of the U.S. A but this would be a excellent big city vehicle.

I mean if you live in Chicago or New York, DC, central Atlanta, San Francisco as if you live in those areas owning a car can be an expensive waste of money.

Unless you travel outside the city a lot it's just simply more cost affective to use public transportation. You'd save yourself around $10 grand a year.

Around the world too, this kind of vehicle, if the pricing is right, would sell well in lots of Asian Cities. Hong Kong, Singapore for sure, Manila, Macau, Tapai. These would sell well there if the pricing is comparable to a motorcycle. If the retail price is like $15K then forget about it but if they sell for half that....I think it would fly in really congested urban areas in which fuel economy and small size are important.

I mean if you're living in the lower east side of Manhattan the cost of owning a car is prohibitively high. You're parking cost will be as much or more than the cost of the car. If this has the footprint of a motorcycles but the all season/weather utility of a car, it would probably be a good idea.

Driving on a high speed limited access highway probably would be the smartest use of this vehicle.

I don't think there would be much of a market for this vehicle in much of the U.S. A but this would be a excellent big city vehicle.

I mean if you live in Chicago or New York, DC, central Atlanta, San Francisco as if you live in those areas owning a car can be an expensive waste of money.

Unless you travel outside the city a lot it's just simply more cost affective to use public transportation. You'd save yourself around $10 grand a year.

Around the world too, this kind of vehicle, if the pricing is right, would sell well in lots of Asian Cities. Hong Kong, Singapore for sure, Manila, Macau, Tapai. These would sell well there if the pricing is comparable to a motorcycle. If the retail price is like $15K then forget about it but if they sell for half that....I think it would fly in really congested urban areas in which fuel economy and small size are important.

I mean if you're living in the lower east side of Manhattan the cost of owning a car is prohibitively high. You're parking cost will be as much or more than the cost of the car. If this has the footprint of a motorcycles but the all season/weather utility of a car, it would probably be a good idea.

Driving on a high speed limited access highway probably would be the smartest use of this vehicle.

My original link doesn't seem to be working. :dunno:

Search shows the price to be $6,800.00

Back