Blog Feature...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
There is a new blog feature available to all members.

Easily accessible from the "blogs" list on the navbar, as well as through your user control panel.

With the blog you can post whatever you please (within the rules, they apply to the blogs as well). It works like any blog where people can post comments, that will show up on the comments page. You can categorize your blog into different categories as well as customize the blog's appearance in the same manner that you customize your profile.

There were enough users who stated that they would use this feature that I felt the small expenditure to add it was justified.

I hope you all enjoy the feature, at least enough to read and post comments on the blogs of other users.

Thanks,

Damocles

I think I was the only one who said I may use this feature. O_o

And that would be mostly for publishing short stories as I cranked them out, maybe the odd political rant, but I think it'd make more sense to publish political rants on the site.

There is a new blog feature available to all members.

Easily accessible from the "blogs" list on the navbar, as well as through your user control panel.

With the blog you can post whatever you please (within the rules, they apply to the blogs as well). It works like any blog where people can post comments, that will show up on the comments page. You can categorize your blog into different categories as well as customize the blog's appearance in the same manner that you customize your profile.

There were enough users who stated that they would use this feature that I felt the small expenditure to add it was justified.

I hope you all enjoy the feature, at least enough to read and post comments on the blogs of other users.

Thanks,

Damocles

I like the idea. I can see some of us writing what we want, with hopefully some reading what we write, without feeling the need to get snarky. Dunno, I'll see if it works. I'm all for thoughtful disagreement, but name calling and such really doesn't do it for me.

You can also blog posts, you will see the little "blog posts" icon in the bottom right. Right next to the panic button (if you turned that on).

And that would be mostly for publishing short stories as I cranked them out, maybe the odd political rant, but I think it'd make more sense to publish political rants on the site.

that sounds cool. I'll read them. Make them crazy cool. No touchy feely slit-your-wrists-EMO stuff, OK?

Damo, can we edit the HTML or the design of the blog? PM me answers
We can test what kind of control you have over your own blog, I'm not sure what powers the blog originator has, as I haven't gotten that deep into the new features yet.

While you cannot change the html, you can change the background, the framing, etc to change the color and appearance of the blog.

get real retard, i said i would use it FIRST

You, the member, can choose how people can post comments to your blog by going to the User CP, down on the bottom left you will see "blog", click there and you will see options such as "Moderate Comments to your Posts", once you are in that area on the left hand side you will see the style settings, etc, you can change how it is seen, who can post to your blogs, and many other things.

It's your blog, do what you will, except posting against the rules. ;)

Back