Blood

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
I've noted that so many neocons and wingnutters, get hung up on abortion, gun grabbers, and taxes. Its all many of them seem to judge a GOP nominee for president on.

Here's where you're going to lose the 2008 election. Hardly anybody - particulary on the hard right - seems to care, or even acknowledge the cost in blood and treausre that they enabled their one-time hero, George Bush to cause:

WaPost, April 5: Seven more U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq. “Seven U.S. soldiers have been killed in Iraq in a spate of attacks over the last two days, and four British soldiers died in a single incident this morning when their patrol near the southern city of Basra came under fire, according to American and British officials.” Separately, an Army helicopter crashed south of Baghdad, possibly as a result of gunfire.

This is what pisses me off. It's so futile to discuss how the GOP or the Dems are better on "marginal tax rates", when young men and women are being slaughetered for a lie.

this board isn't that bad. But believe me, there are message boards where Bush-loving Cons, seem to want to sweep their war under the rug. Fuck that - this needs to be put in their face on a regular basis.

I've noted that so many neocons and wingnutters, get hung up on abortion, gun grabbers, and taxes. Its all many of them seem to judge a GOP nominee for president on.

Here's where you're going to lose the 2008 election. Hardly anybody - particulary on the hard right - seems to care, or even acknowledge the cost in blood and treausre that they enabled their one-time hero, George Bush to cause:

WaPost, April 5: Seven more U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq. “Seven U.S. soldiers have been killed in Iraq in a spate of attacks over the last two days, and four British soldiers died in a single incident this morning when their patrol near the southern city of Basra came under fire, according to American and British officials.” Separately, an Army helicopter crashed south of Baghdad, possibly as a result of gunfire.

This is what pisses me off. It's so futile to discuss how the GOP or the Dems are better on "marginal tax rates", when young men and women are being slaughetered for a lie.

this board isn't that bad. But believe me, there are message boards where Bush-loving Cons, seem to want to sweep their war under the rug. Fuck that - this needs to be put in their face on a regular basis.

Agreed.

This is the most important issue, by far, in the last quarter century. I watch some of the Con political conferences on Cspan. Its all about comparitively frivoulous crap. They don't even want to discuss the war: Unless its to state that Dems "want to surrender".

I think that's sad. 1% of this nation - those who volunteer to serve - are bearing almost all the burden. This nation doesn't, at a fundamental level, even really know or care what's going on in Iraq.

All this, While some of us sit around, sipping cappacinos, and discussing marginal tax rates. It's pathetic. Sometimes, I wish there were a draft, so this ENTIRE nation could feel the sacrifice that currently, only a few hundred thousand men and women - and their families - are bearing for the rest of us.

We can discuss it all. The war is an important issue for me but I will consider other things as well.

I'm not talking about you specifically. Or even Damo. I'm talking about the political elite, and the broader political discourse in this country. Tons of people - particularly on the hard right - are pretending Iraq isn't happening.

I just went to Mitt Romney's website. I did a word search for "Iraq" on both his home page, and on the "issues" page. I got ZERO hits. There was some vague policy statment on "Defeating the Islamo-facists" or some such nonsense. But zero specifics on iraq.

Iraq is the MOST important issue in my lifetime. Probably in the last 30 to 40 years. This nation's political discourse - espcially on the wingnutter right - is pretending it doesn't exist. People are dying. In the tens of thousands. Half a trillion $$$ have been flushed. And these fuckers are going to pretend Iraq isn't happening???

I'm not talking about you specifically. Or even Damo. I'm talking about the political elite, and the broader political discourse in this country. Tons of people - particularly on the hard right - are pretending Iraq isn't happening.

I just went to Mitt Romney's website. I did a word search for "Iraq" on both his home page, and on the "issues" page. I got ZERO hits. There was some vague policy statment on "Defeating the Islamo-facists" or some such nonsense. But zero specifics on iraq.

Iraq is the MOST important issue in my lifetime. Probably in the last 30 to 40 years. This nation's political discourse - espcially on the wingnutter right - is pretending it doesn't exist. People are dying. In the tens of thousands. Half a trillion $$$ have been flushed. And these fuckers are going to pretend Iraq isn't happening???

The righties are just hoping that if they don't talk about it people will forget....
Up till about a year ago the war was a hot topic at the local country store hangout. Now is is hardly mentioned and closet Bushies will not even respond.

The righties are just hoping that if they don't talk about it people will forget....
Up till about a year ago the war was a hot topic at the local country store hangout. Now is is hardly mentioned and closet Bushies will not even respond.

Exactly my point. These fucks enabled the most collasal mistake in modern american history, costing vast amounts of blood and treasure, and now they want to pretend it doesn't exist? This is THE issue at this point in american history. These fucks drove the car into the ditch, and now they want to stick their hands in their pockets and walk away, whistling like they didn't have anything to do with it?

I've noted the entire lack of a call for war declarations to protect us from future foolishness of this nature, and I have noted that lack from both sides.

Both sides have their hands in the pockets of war profiteering Damo.

Both sides are shortsighted wussies or we would not be in this situation now.

Back