Bloody Mary rub

I want to make steak with a bloody mary rub. I looked online and they are quite pricey. Any ideas for what spices to mix?

I could make one I saw, however it used horseradish and worcester powder which I've never heard of.

Any idea would be appreciated.

I want to make steak with a bloody mary rub. I looked online and they are quite pricey. Any ideas for what spices to mix?

I could make one I saw, however it used horseradish and worcester powder which I've never heard of.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Celery Salt

Pepper

Garlic

Horseradish Powder

Worcestershire Powder

Paprika

Cayenne

Amazon sells horseradish powder and wostershire powder

Celery Salt

Pepper

Garlic

Horseradish Powder

Worcestershire Powder

Paprika

Cayenne

Amazon sells horseradish powder and wostershire powder

Strange how that is the exact recipe I said I found on the internet.

Thanks for the tip on where to get the powders. I'll order some later today.

Strange how that is the exact recipe I said I found on the internet.

Thanks for the tip on where to get the powders. I'll order some later today.
Not sure what kind of steak you're doing but I marinate flank and tri-tip in a bloody mary concoction, and it turns out great...
If you're interested, I'll link the ingredients...;)

Not sure what kind of steak you're doing but I marinate flank and tri-tip in a bloody mary concoction, and it turns out great...
If you're interested, I'll link the ingredients...;)

Sure. I once made salmon soaked in liquid bloody mary mix and it was awesome.

But I don't always want a liquid and wondered if I could create a dry rub without paying someone else $12 plus $10 shipping.

Sure. I once made salmon soaked in liquid bloody mary mix and it was awesome.

But I don't always want a liquid and wondered if I could create a dry rub without paying someone else $12 plus $10 shipping.
LOL...I completely understand. Before you order a bunch from Amazon check to see if one of your local markets or co-ops carries bulk spices...Ours does...wasn't sure if they had the horseradish and worcestershire powders but they do... good quality tomato juice, about 4 cups, some pieces of cooked bacon, about a 1/4 cup lemon juice, a couple of tablespoons of worcestershire sauce, some adobo sauce from canned chipotles (or your favorite hot sauce, fresh grated horseradish...4 tablespoons, or so.... celery salt, a teaspoon or two, regular coarse salt and cracked black (lemon) pepper to taste,cayenne and a little ground ginger (or fresh)
I also add some good quality olives and a little juice, if I have them..
just blend it up and let the steaks go for at least 12 hours...even overnight. Pat dry before you grill or really hot cast iron...

LOL...I completely understand. Before you order a bunch from Amazon check to see if one of your local markets or co-ops carries bulk spices...Ours does...wasn't sure if they had the horseradish and worcestershire powders but they do... good quality tomato juice, about 4 cups, some pieces of cooked bacon, about a 1/4 cup lemon juice, a couple of tablespoons of worcestershire sauce, some adobo sauce from canned chipotles (or your favorite hot sauce, fresh grated horseradish...4 tablespoons, or so.... celery salt, a teaspoon or two, regular coarse salt and cracked black (lemon) pepper to taste,cayenne and a little ground ginger (or fresh)
I also add some good quality olives and a little juice, if I have them..
just blend it up and let the steaks go for at least 12 hours...even overnight. Pat dry before you grill or really hot cast iron...

Better eat some potatoes too,to put meat on those bones:-) ~

Back