Boebert defends vote against veterans’ health benefits, saying she didn’t want to spend ‘$600 billion forever’

NakedHunterBiden

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) defended her vote against bipartisan legislation that expanded health benefits for veterans, saying Tuesday she didn’t want to spend “$600 billion forever.”

Boebert faced off in a general election debate against her Democratic opponent, Trisha Calvarese. The Democrat pressed Boebert to explain why she didn’t support the landmark “Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our PACT Act,” which expanded benefits for millions of veterans who were exposed to toxins during service and are suffering illnesses as a result.

“If you’re going to take care of folks, what about our veterans, Lauren? You know, because you’re talking about lots of cuts and how to pay for things. I think if you’re going to be America first, you can’t put veterans last,” Calvarese said to Boebert during the lunchtime debate in Colorado’s 4th Congressional District.

“I do just want to point to your vote that — you voted against care for veterans exposed to cancer-causing toxins and burn pits during war,” Calvarese added.

I love how magas have nothing to say when their reps vote like this but then try to claim they care about vets.
To many Republicans, vets are just a prop that they drag out of the closet around election time. Notice how the MAGAT vets on this site -- and the non-vets too -- have attacked Walz's 24 years of military service. They don't even stick up for their brothers if they come with a (D) after their name.

Back