Book Advice Requested

ThatOwlWoman

Leftist Vermin
Any investors here?

My second-older grandson is graduating in May. He is very interested in investing, so I'm looking for some suggestions on good books. I've sent my son on a secret mission to try to scope out which ones he has already. If my g-son is as messy as I was at that age, he might be gone a while. lol

At any rate, suggestions are appreciated.

'Mutual Funds*for Dummies'. This is a good Primer. Gives names of Fund Companies, and actual Funds that the Author believes are solid producers of income and appreciation.

'Mutual Funds*for Dummies'. This is a good Primer. Gives names of Fund Companies, and actual Funds that the Author believes are solid producers of income and appreciation.

Thanks, Jack. One Mr. Owl recommended was "A Random Walk Down Wall Street." I stashed it in my buy later thingie; will await word if he's already got it.

Thanks, Jack. One Mr. Owl recommended was "A Random Walk Down Wall Street." I stashed it in my buy later thingie; will await word if he's already got it.

A little more technical than the broad overview that Eric Tyson makes. But starting 'somewhere' is better than NOT starting at all. I think that book is more a 'Stock Pickers' book than the more preferred view of 'Basket of Stocks' approach.

Any investors here?

My second-older grandson is graduating in May. He is very interested in investing, so I'm looking for some suggestions on good books. I've sent my son on a secret mission to try to scope out which ones he has already. If my g-son is as messy as I was at that age, he might be gone a while. lol

At any rate, suggestions are appreciated.

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham has been deemed sort of the Gold Standard of investment books (Warren Buffett read it when he was young and it heavily influenced his career).

REITs are a great place to start.
Real Estate Investment Trust
They are special class of corporation that gets favorable tax benefits in return for guaranteed percentages returned as dividends. So you gain on the dividends as well as the stock appreciating. The trick is working out which SORTS of real estate are in demand. For example there are REITs that invest in cell towers (most are leased by the telecoms) so 5g means a lot more activity in setting these bits of real estate up.
I cleared >10% return in 2021 strictly on REITS.

but for general purposes look no farther than the Oracle of Omaha (Buffett). Its boring but it obviously works. Avoid Cathie Wood.

And this is a handy site: https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec

REITs are a great place to start.
Real Estate Investment Trust
They are special class of corporation that gets favorable tax benefits in return for guaranteed percentages returned as dividends. So you gain on the dividends as well as the stock appreciating. The trick is working out which SORTS of real estate are in demand. For example there are REITs that invest in cell towers (most are leased by the telecoms) so 5g means a lot more activity in setting these bits of real estate up.
I cleared >10% return in 2021 strictly on REITS.

but for general purposes look no farther than the Oracle of Omaha (Buffett). Its boring but it obviously works. Avoid Cathie Wood.

And this is a handy site: https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec

Thanks!

Back