Breaking News!

Surely someone there owns a chicken Damo. Where you have a live chicken you have stench......or will eventually.;)

Yeah, but he showers....

I was just reporting on the state of smell where I live, since we all know how interested we all were in NYC's state of smell. I surely thought y'all would want to know that it doesn't stink anywhere, except maybe in the barns, in Elbert County at this moment. It also is not Oklahoma's fault that we don't have a stench wafting over us at every moment.

This lack of stench was not caused by terrorists, and has not been deemed dangerous to the livelihood of those within the county.

You must be upwind of any commercial dairies in your county.
No commercial dairies, and slaughterhouses are in Loveland, in Boulder County.

There are one or two pig farms, but not enough to spread beyond their own borders and cause stench to pile up everywhere. There is also no reason to blame Kansas or Nebraska for the lack of stench existing in Elbert County.

No commercial dairies, and slaughterhouses are in Loveland, in Boulder County.

There are one or two pig farms, but not enough to spread beyond their own borders and cause stench to pile up everywhere. There is also no reason to blame Kansas or Nebraska for the lack of stench existing in Elbert County.

cool. Not much in the way of commercial, confined animal facilities in your county.

The smelliest place I've ever been, is rural Tulare county in california - home of a ton of commercial dairies. Way worse smelling than any city I've ever been in.

Ahh the perfume of a farm..different smells for different folks. You city folks do like that milk and cheese though :D

cool. Not much in the way of commercial, confined animal facilities in your county.

The smelliest place I've ever been, is rural Tulare county in california - home of a ton of commercial dairies. Way worse smelling than any city I've ever been in.
Dog food factories... There is one in Denver, nearby to where I work. Those are foul in so many different ways. Stench is only one of them.

Yea, give me the smell of a farm any day. While mass production chicken farms are smelly I've been around them for so long I don't notice. If I could bottle the smell of a horse barn I'd use it for after shave.:)

Yea, give me the smell of a farm any day. While mass production chicken farms are smelly I've been around them for so long I don't notice. If I could bottle the smell of a horse barn I'd use it for after shave.:)
You don't have to bottle that. Just come on up and groom our horses for us.

Damo, you ought to freeze those dead pits and send them to starving children in Asia.
I almost got whipped one time when I recommended sending the greyhounds slated to be killed to China to feed starving children, Darned greyhound rescue nuts anyway ;)
Their reaction was interesting when I asked them if a dog or a childs life was more important. They did not know whether to extrude excrement or lose their eyesight ;)

How about that monster Harris Ranch stockyard on I5? On a hot day you can literally smell that sucker from 5 miles away.

good Lord, ornot - that Harris Ranch is a nightmare. There's been several times driving past that place, I've considered becoming a vegetarian.

A cheese factory and the dairy cows that provide the milk to produce the cheese. Beautiful place, but a bit odiferious.
However it does not seem to bother the magic shroom pickers in the least. The shrooms grow on cowpatties....

Back