Breaks in LIQ store, to drunk to leave, recuse him, animal walks-no charges?? WTF

Bill

Malarkeyville
Not even community service??? :awesome:

[h=1]Opossum breaks into liquor store and gets drunk as a skunk[/h]

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An opossum that apparently drank bourbon after breaking into a Florida liquor store sobered up at a wildlife rescue center and was released unharmed.

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge officials say the opossum was brought in by a Fort Walton Beach, Florida, police officer on Nov. 24. A liquor store employee found the animal next to a broken and empty bottle of bourbon.

"A worker there found the opossum up on a shelf next to a cracked open bottle of liquor with nothing in it," said Michelle Pettis, a technician at the refuge. "She definitely wasn't fully acting normal."

Pettis told the Panama City News Herald the female opossum appeared disoriented, was excessively salivating and was pale. The staff pumped the marsupial full of fluids and cared for her as she sobered up.
"We loaded her up with fluids to help flush out any alcohol toxins," Pettis said. "She was good a couple of days later."
Pettis says the opossum did not appear to have a hangover.
The store owner, Cash Moore, says he never had an opossum break in before.
"She came in from the outside and was up in the rafters, and when she came through she knocked a bottle of liquor off the shelf," Moore said. "When she got down on the floor she drank the whole damn bottle."
"But it just goes to show that even the animals are impressed with Cash's," he said.
The animal was released on Thursday.by The Associated Press
Saturday, December 2nd 2017

a72fb5fe-786c-49df-a0c0-83c47bd2deb7-large16x9_Oppossum.jpg

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge picked up a drunk opossum from local police. The critter snuck into a liquor store,{ }got drunk and sobered up near Fort Walton Beach,{ }Florida.{ } (Photo credit: @EmeraldCoastWildlifeRefuge / Facebook){ }

Opossum breaks into liquor store and gets drunk as a skunk

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An opossum that apparently drank bourbon after breaking into a Florida liquor store sobered up at a wildlife rescue center and was released unharmed.

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge officials say the opossum was brought in by a Fort Walton Beach, Florida, police officer on Nov. 24. A liquor store employee found the animal next to a broken and empty bottle of bourbon.

"A worker there found the opossum up on a shelf next to a cracked open bottle of liquor with nothing in it," said Michelle Pettis, a technician at the refuge. "She definitely wasn't fully acting normal."

Pettis told the Panama City News Herald the female opossum appeared disoriented, was excessively salivating and was pale. The staff pumped the marsupial full of fluids and cared for her as she sobered up.
"We loaded her up with fluids to help flush out any alcohol toxins," Pettis said. "She was good a couple of days later."
"She came in from the outside and was up in the rafters, and when she came through she knocked a bottle of liquor off the shelf," Moore said. "When she got down on the floor she drank the whole damn bottle."
"But it just goes to show that even the animals are impressed with Cash's," he said.

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge picked up a drunk opossum from local police. The critter snuck into a liquor store,{ }got drunk and sobered up near Fort Walton Beach,{ }Florida.{ } (Photo credit: @EmeraldCoastWildlifeRefuge / Facebook){ }

Hilarious, they are truly ugly critters

Not sure how an opossum is expected to act? They play opossum whenever anyone goes near them.

Not sure how an opossum is expected to act? They play opossum whenever anyone goes near them.

I have seen one in my backyard & he hissed @ me....... I might leave him a beer for CHristmas if he chills.....:D NO BOURBON, they can't hold their liquor...

I have seen one in my backyard & he hissed @ me....... I might leave him a beer for CHristmas if he chills.....:D NO BOURBON, they can't hold their liquor...
Yea...they're all bluff. Walk toward it, and they play opossum. I catch dozens every year by accident in a live trap meant for groundhogs, or in my compost bin in the fall. They're actually amazing creatures that rarely are found to have rabies, and eat tons of ticks. Found these two trapped in my compost bin one morning. One was asleep, and the other needed a board to climb out. I've picked them up in the past, and they just go stiff

DSC_0186.jpg

[h=1]Opossum breaks into liquor store and gets drunk as a skunk[/h]

Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge picked up a drunk opossum from local police. The critter snuck into a liquor store,{*}got drunk and sobered up near Fort Walton Beach,{*}Florida.{*} (Photo credit: @EmeraldCoastWildlifeRefuge / Facebook){*}

you couldnt leave my ex wife out of this could you

Yea...they're all bluff. Walk toward it, and they play opossum. I catch dozens every year by accident in a live trap meant for groundhogs, or in my compost bin in the fall. They're actually amazing creatures that rarely are found to have rabies, and eat tons of ticks. Found these two trapped in my compost bin one morning. One was asleep, and the other needed a board to climb out. I've picked them up in the past, and they just go stiff

View attachment 5263

LOL, not seen him/her in a while but I have heard they will eat small rodents & bugs..

Same ones that have needed saving??

Truth, raccoons are smart and obnoxious.

I have not had any "yet" @ my present home but they are in the area raising hell........

Had a friend that had a real problem w/ them in her back yard.. THey rolled up the sod, I guess for grubs & got on her roof & bent a metal awning in a couple places...

She believes the same "thugs" put $1,200 worth of hurt on the neighbors pit bull.......

I have not had any "yet" @ my present home but they are in the area raising hell........

Had a friend that had a real problem w/ them in her back yard.. THey rolled up the sod, I guess for grubs & got on her roof & bent a metal awning in a couple places...

She believes the same "thugs" put $1,200 worth of hurt on the neighbors pit bull.......
Oh, my goodness, I hope I never have any problems with them

LOL, not seen him/her in a while but I have heard they will eat small rodents & bugs..

Same ones that have needed saving??
Yes...those are two that I had to remove from the compost bin. They jump in at night and dig for worms all night. They beat the soil down to point where they can't get back out. I've caught/trapped babies that are no bigger than a 10 week old kitten. You can easily handle them. I've often thought about making a pet out of one....but for now I'll settle for my cats.

Yes...those are two that I had to remove from the compost bin. They jump in at night and dig for worms all night. They beat the soil down to point where they can't get back out. I've caught/trapped babies that are no bigger than a 10 week old kitten. You can easily handle them. I've often thought about making a pet out of one....but for now I'll settle for my cats.

The cats do anything to them???

Back